Finally ready to lose my Z-ginity!

Welcome aboard Mike. :welcome:

I'd say 16mpg-24mpg when having fun is a more realistic set of figures, ...but that's a lot of fun. :D

Love my Zed ~ came from an EP3 Type R myself before so I know what you mean about watching the oil level.

Even still, i cant argue with that from a 3.5 V6... that must of been quite a jump!! The biggest decider for me is £650 insurance with 3 points (silly 36mph in a 30 :-( )

I'd say 16mpg-24mpg when having fun is a more realistic set of figures, ...but that's a lot of fun. :D

Love my Zed ~ came from an EP3 Type R myself before so I know what you mean about watching the oil level.

Even still, i cant argue with that from a 3.5 V6... that must of been quite a jump!! The biggest decider for me is £650 insurance with 3 points (silly 36mph in a 30 :-( )

Depends what you're used to I guess. To get the best from the Type R you really need to rev the nuts off it & keep it in VTEC as you know I'll bet.

Before the Type R I had a modified JDM Impreza WRX that was running 295bhp+ on a high boost map (SimTek ECU) so that was even quicker than the Type R but not as high revving.

The Zed has much more torque than the Type R ever had and being RWD you do have to adjust your driving style. A much better car overall than the Type R though imo as it's more of a luxury sports car whereas the Type R is a hot hatch. ;)

Depends what you're used to I guess. To get the best from the Type R you really need to rev the nuts off it & keep it in VTEC as you know I'll bet.

Before the Type R I had a modified JDM Impreza WRX that was running 295bhp+ on a high boost map (SimTek ECU) so that was even quicker than the Type R but not as high revving.

The Zed has much more torque than the Type R ever had and being RWD you do have to adjust your driving style. A much better car overall than the Type R though imo as it's more of a luxury sports car whereas the Type R is a hot hatch. ;)

I loved my type R, great car but yes you do have to wring its neck to make progress. Im not a fan of turbos tbh, i like naturally aspirated engines and the idea of a V6 makes me feel like a kid at christmas, i just need to save a little more to reach my budget...absolute torture!!

Thats a really good price. When I got my zed it cost me over £900 to insure, even though i had 20 years NCB gained driving high performance cars and motorbikes. I was totally amazed as I was quoted something like £450 for an M3 and £500 for a porsche boxster 3.2s and yet the insurance companies regarded the zed as a much higher risk for me. God knows why. Even a brand new Nissan GTR came in at about £400 on the insurance quotes! :lol:

Thats a really good price. When I got my zed it cost me over £900 to insure, even though i had 20 years NCB gained driving high performance cars and motorbikes. I was totally amazed as I was quoted something like £450 for an M3 and £500 for a porsche boxster 3.2s and yet the insurance companies regarded the zed as a much higher risk for me. God knows why. Even a brand new Nissan GTR came in at about £400 on the insurance quotes! :lol:

I'd love an M3 at £450 a year, it is very strange how insurance companies look at cars...I had three options in mind...

> Nissan 350Z

> BMW M3 (E46)

> BMW 645i

I looked at the M3 for insurance and got a minimum of £1900 :scare: absolutely no chance! So it was a toss up between the BMW and the Z as the 645 is only £100 more on insurance than the Z.... so a 4.4 V8 is cheaper than an M3 :wacko: in the end I went with what I prefer and have always wanted to own plus.. I have read that if something goes wrong with the 645 you might as well just hand your credit card to the stealers

• 2 weeks later...