Photo Geeks Assemble - DSLR Guidance Please

Stutopia

Thanks all for your input, I got out the office early today to have a play in store and walked out with a Canon EOS 700D with the kit lens *shameface* and a 50mm f/1.8. They'll do for learning the buttons and playing with manual controls. All your input, whilst not necessarily followed (sorry), has been invaluable and has already given me an upgrade path. Also some of the pics you have posted have been top. Thanks! :thumbs:

Just need some sunshine, a detailed Zed and something pretty to stick behind it.

PS - why do they make you charge the batteries first grrrrrrrrrrrr. It's just sitting there waiting for me...

Edited by SuperStu

kit lenses will be fine to learn with mate. Once you master the kit lenses and get some nice photos you will be able to utilise a pro lens much better

If you need any help give me a shout. Always use it on full manual mode if you want the best out of it.

Theres some great tutorials on youtube about f- stops etc and shutter speeds. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. :thumbs:

• Like 1