Trading in with mods

Bobbyheinz

Hey guys, so I've been talking to a dealer about purchasing a 370. I've managed to negotiate a good figure for my car as a trade in. They've asked me absolutely nothing about the condition of my 350....my question is though, should I draw their attention to the fact the car has been lowered, has spacers and LED front markers?

I would have to pay someone to swap the springs over and I really don't have the time to do the spacers myself either. I'm not sure that your average dealer would notice compared to a stock set up.

I understand this may be a silly question but I just can't be bothered with the hassle of removing the few small mods, even if I could sell them on.

I'd tell them if it was me ~ not going to give you more money or less money for your car either way though imo.

I would however take the spacers off though as surely you can do that at home with your car jack & a socket set. They'll sell really easily too especially on here I'd have thought. ;)

Thanks for the responses guys. Yep I really don't want to take the springs or spacers off, simply due to time restraints. Also certainly don't want to have the alignment sorted. I think I'll just let them know and if it really fusses them offer to provide the original springs for them to swap themselves. I think they're probably going to put it to auction anyway so hopefully they won't care!

Thanks for the responses guys. Yep I really don't want to take the springs or spacers off, simply due to time restraints. Also certainly don't want to have the alignment sorted. I think I'll just let them know and if it really fusses them offer to provide the original springs for them to swap themselves. I think they're probably going to put it to auction anyway so hopefully they won't care!

I would take of spacers, even a garage would do it for very little. Up to you though.

How come your going for a 370z? Bored of the 350z or want the luxury?

Not sure if I would bother either.

Presumably they have seen the car and if they did not ask specifically if it had been modded then should be no problem.

I recently bought my 350Z from a reputable dealer. It has some mods and they never brought them to my attention.

I also had to sit through the usual crap of 'we are phoning around for the best price on your p/x', which was actually a very nice (but old) Z4, and then they just sent it to auction anyway.

The Z4 had loads of extras including private plate, hardtop, couple of different wind deflectors, indoor/outdoor covers etc all that were thrown in when I bought the car. Garage made no allowance for these in p/x price so I removed and sold separately. Hardtop £1K, plate £1.2K, other bits £600. I did advise garage that I was doing this, they did not care less, in fact got a 'well done' from the salesman.

I would take the spacers off. You could get between £100 - £130 for them on here assuming they are in reasonable nick. Unless your in a position to throw the opportunity of making and easy £100+ for very little effort..

Payco