Braided Brake Lines

N9JAH

As above banjo fittings are fine, they are very common and only leak if the mechanic does a shoddy job of prepping the caliper. Screw in are clearly easier and less hassle, but are they worth paying the extra $ for? I wouldn't say so and would never pay nigh on £200 or whatever they were asking last time I looked. If Clark do a screw in that are priced on par with Hel etc then give it a go, sounds like a good deal as it means easier fitting but I would suspect performance is on par with Hel etc.

Nothing wrong with hel at all fella, banjo fittings are fine as long as everything is fitted correctly and checked after.

Bmw use alot of banjo fittings for their vanos system and oil lines and they are fine.

Hel are a good brand, price doesn't really come into it, at the end of the day I think the goodridge are overpriced for some lines and oe fittings. Albeit they are good lines had them on my 36

Here is a quote from an Indi Nissan Garage who are on here when I asked them to fit HEL lines to my Zed. :scare:

I'm not a expert on brakes but I will take advice from an expert on here when it comes to brakes.

Quote.

Have had a lot of fitment issues with HEL on GT4s and type r’s as well as the 350z and they don’t supply enough locating clips which doesn’t help.

Refused to fit the last set.

Never had a problem with Goodridge, or Technick just goes to show you pay for quality and it is brakes at the end of the day.

Few extra cable ties or p clips cost pence, everyone has their own view on it but mine and most of the automotive industry deem banjo fittings fine if installed correctly

Im sure each brand of lines are fine despite fittings used

My vote is hel, Ive been to the top of stelvio next to cliff edges at considerable speed and didnt fall off and burn in a fiery ball at the bottom of the mountain due to leaking brake lines :thumb: :)