Ride height

Ceejay29

Hi all,

I have recently ditched the stretched tyre look for some extra rubber, consequently I need to lift the suspension a little on the rear as I now have a profile that laps the rim edge - it's a bit cosy!

It has also become apparent that the OSR is lower than the NSR, which I haven't noticed before. I am pretty sure I measured it accurately (to the mm) during the last ride height adjustment made. Could something be broken?

I am going to have a look at it this weekend, anything I should check for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CJ

I have been adjusting the ride height with the car in the air, using the ramp at the garage.

Could have been on a slight gradient but I have noticed it whilst parked in two different areas. I will have another look tonight when it is parked in the car park, with the handbrake off as I think I holds better on one side.

It drives fine, just looks like somebody boss-eyed has set it up.

Level ground (eg 4 poster lift) and measuring tape! Several goes maybe needed as the dampers may need to settle. I use half tank when doing this as I always run half to quarter tank on track.

Use the same reference points on both side of the same axle. I use the center of the arch to wheel center.

Also make sure your air pressures are equal on same axle. I use N2. It's 4 quid its stable both hot or cold and its coolðŸ‘

Note: You can't do this with the suspension unloaded! I also found counting threads not accurate.

The above method comes with the KW manual and same as what my local race shop does.

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 1

Level ground (eg 4 poster lift) and measuring tape! Several goes maybe needed as the dampers may need to settle. I use half tank when doing this as I always run half to quarter tank on track.

Use the same reference points on both side of the same axle. I use the center of the arch to wheel center.

Also make sure your air pressures are equal on same axle. I use N2. It's 4 quid its stable both hot or cold and its cool👊
Note: You can't do this with the suspension unloaded! I also found counting threads not accurate.

The above method comes with the KW manual and same as what my local race shop does.

If the OP has no access to a guaranteed level the thread count will be more accurate than setting up on uneven ground. I set mines up the first time measuring threads. The last time I adjusted them was on the ramp at AME and that was with the method you have mentioned.
  • Like 1

Right fellow forum members, after a long drive it seams to have rectified itself :) I parked on a level surface and it was back to normal, panic over. I will probably measure it all regardless this weekend for peace of mind.

All I can guess is that it was a result of being parked on a steep hill with a dodgy handbrake for a few days. The hand brake seems to grip much better at the OSR, therefore I presume this took the brunt of the weight when facing down compressing the shocker. Had to resettle as mentioned above.

Thanks for the wise words of advice, no doubt it will come in handy in the near future.

I agree with you there ðŸ‘

But as we say do it nice or do it twice😎

Is your name up on the Wales list. Your car is one I'm dying to see👀 and have a ride in unless you wanna swap keys for a bit😇

cant do wales unfortunately! Having to work! U should come to lakes mate!