My car imported by JM-Imports

nixy

Now I've got over the trauma of being flooded this week I thought I'd take the opportunity to thank Jurgen at JM-Imports for the fantastic job he did in getting my car for me and just to let those who may be interested in importing know how the process went.

I decided to go down the importing route because I was very specific about what I wanted in terms of low mileage and the colour of the car and there were simply a lot more cars available in Japan in my price bracket than there were in the UK.

I was very cautious when it came to choosing who i wanted to import the car for me. I asked around and a friend of mine who has a supra and uses the supra forum said that there was a lot of good feedback on that site about Jurgen Vallons from JM-Imports. I went onto the site and could find nothing but praise for Jurgen - not a bad word anywhere. I googled him and found the same. Not content with that I took some email addresses off the supra forum of people who had used JM-Imports and I emailed them to find out how they had got on. Again, they all sang Jurgen's praises. Trust me, I tried hard to find some negative feedback but it simply wasn't there!

I spoke to Jurgen on the telephone and gave him my budget and told him what I wanted. There was no messing about and all the costs were factored into my budget so that I would be driving the car away without paying a penny more. Jurgen gave me a password onto the auction websites and between us we found a car in mint condition with only 5k miles on the clock and this is the car that we bought.

Although it was a lengthy process in terms of waiting Jurgen has answered every email and phone call and dealt with every question I have asked him no matter how trivial it was. He kept me informed every step of the way. I had a superb leather re-trim done at trade price which Jurgen also arranged for me. When I collected the car 2 weeks ago I couldn't have been more thrilled.

So basically what I'm saying is, don't be afraid to import your car but just make sure you use someone you can trust - Jurgen is based near Newcastle and therefore if you live in the south you could even fly there and drive your car home!

I would definitely do it all again!

Good feedback Nixy. I have to say I have always been scared of going down the import route, however from your report and investigations it would seem that there may not be as much hassle and trauma as I may have originally thought.

What do you find regarding insuring imports and getting service from Uk dealers? I suppose it's all money in a dealers pocket anyway. More interested in insurance TBH...

Good feedback Nixy. I have to say I have always been scared of going down the import route, however from your report and investigations it would seem that there may not be as much hassle and trauma as I may have originally thought.

What do you find regarding insuring imports and getting service from Uk dealers? I suppose it's all money in a dealers pocket anyway. More interested in insurance TBH...

It was slightly more hassle insuring the car but mainly because a lot of the places I phoned didn't know what the hell a 'fairlady' was! In terms of cost I wouldn't say it was any more expensive for me than a UK car.

It's true there are some rubbish imports out there but Jurgen told me he would only import a top grade car as he didn't want to be associated with bringing trash over. He also had someone at the other end who looked at it first before bidding. In fact there was one that I was interested in that he came back and said no, it's not good enough.

Yep changed name..used to be Daron24 ;)

NICE car nixy! would like to see what u did with the rear plate...cos i know u mentioned about it before.. luckily for me i managed to get mine all in one line but the lettering is bit smaller..so might have a bit of bother from cops later.

It actually worked out better for me to have a square plate rather than a UK one because of my reg number - although not quite legal I suppose....and Tim was right - I was about a cm off the size I needed, you can see the tiny bits of hole at either side of the plate?

Photo-0089.jpg

It actually worked out better for me to have a square plate rather than a UK one because of my reg number - although not quite legal I suppose....and Tim was right - I was about a cm off the size I needed, you can see the tiny bits of hole at either side of the plate?

Nixy!! wow.. thats looks amazing! lucky about the spacing too!

Congrats.. im really pleased for u

MY new reg is N15MNO so unfortunately i dont think im gona have same luck..will def have to make lettering smaller to fit