Imported 350Z

swak

Hi I am looking to buy a 350Z. Unfortunatley I can't afford the £28K for a new one so I am looking to eitehr import one or get one of the older UK car. Is there anything particlaur I need to worry about if I go down the import route?

Welcome swak,

I like you could not Afford a UK car due to an ex-wife,:rant:

So I imported one for a lot less.

You can read the links above, but the main thing to remember is to only deal with a company you can trust, as you need to hand over money before you see the car, talk to past customers and ask for references, There are larger companies that you can see the cars before like the Bristol Import Centre but the saving is less as you pay when you buy.

You can import yourself through a broker like I did (I have known him for years) and save a lot of money, I did the bidding on the internet, paid the VAT, Shipping and import duty and finally the SVA test. and his cost was £500

Any help just post your questions

And once again Welcome

Hi I am looking to buy a 350Z. Unfortunatley I can't afford the £28K for a new one so I am looking to eitehr import one or get one of the older UK car. Is there anything particlaur I need to worry about if I go down the import route?

Hi and welcome ..I just bought a JDM Z a few weeks ago ,no problem with imports just check the usual things as you would any s/h car., best if you can find one with Jap history,usually the jap imports have done very little mileage compared to the UK sourced cars,and usualy the bodywork is in better condition (I dont think they use salt on Japan,s roads !! ;) )

All you will have to factor in to the price is getting the speed limiter removed (if you want to ), the radio requires replacing or fitting a band expander..all other work will have been done to get it legal on Uk roads to get it through the SVA test..assuming you buy a car already registered in the Uk.. :thumbs: probably more things but thats all I,ve come across up to now Cheers Tim

Thanks for all the help useful stuff, much appreciated. Anyone dealt with Bonsai cars? they seem to do all the SVA stuff, shipping etc and you bid for the cars direct in Japan. Seems sensible as 350Znismo says to esnure they are reputable. Cheers All

Thanks for all the help useful stuff, much appreciated. Anyone dealt with Bonsai cars?

They have been around for sometime, all i hear is they can move the price after the deal and during shipping, but that was from other dealers.

You can bank on that

some of you have mentioned the uk insurance being the same as the uk insurance im really really having probs getting insured on a jap import please list all thew companys which will insure imports!!

thank you v much:teeth:

insureyourmotor.com 08707 707 055 - insured through Highway at Lloyds - £736 fully comp incl class 1 business, nil vol xs but higher compuls xs than direct line who I had my Boxster with. Im aged 32 and wife 30, (not that she has ever driven the car ;) )