Pioneer SPH-DA110 in the 350z

oderuyter

Hey all,

before i get started i wanted to ask any advice from the community. I have a zed with stock Bose head unit due to the lack of support for my Bluetooth its got to go (the head unit not the zed) looking at the Pioneer SPH-DA110. Any awesome people want yo ahead experience of what kit is needed or anyone in the Sussex area want to help out please? Willing to travel for knowledge

just waiting on the HDTV usit to turn up, as I have a Samsung Note 3 (same issue with S4) so can return the £50 android cable and replace with £6 part. Its nice, but Fek all stock features! plus sounds weird but i miss having a volume dial or rocker, two tiny buttons is kinda weird. Will give a bit of a review in a few weeks, as loads of reviews around but only iPony users

• 1 month later...

The appradio app on your Note keeps crashing?

Take it Bluetooth streaming and phone controls/mic all work as expected using steering wheel controls?

Bummer when things don't work as you'd expected. Support for Android users seems surprisingly poor in the incar entertainment world!

Device is essentially limited. Audio for calls connection is great but mic is pants. Need to look to move onto on board mic or relocate, everyone complains they can hear me. Bluetooth audio is a little juddery at time and flakey on connection.

I don't have mine in the steering wheel yet road radio didnt have the part in stock. So am waiting to pull it all out again to have various parts dipped.

Appauled at how poor support is for android, especially as I hate apple and would never own one of their piece of junk.

On reflection and reading back my post, could have done the same install if not better for a lot less, 300 + all the other bits for instsll. for this head unit is far too much. Shaking my head, what was I thinking

Am thinking of the avh-x2500bt now. Appradio2 so chance it might work with ARLiberator. The 2600bt is appradio3 so no chance of working. I'm on Android 4.4.2 which technically however isn't supported.

Worst case it won't work but I'll still at least have Bluetooth streaming and hands free phone as long as I get the mic position correct.

This a mine field of compatability issues!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Initially had it wired to take my iPhone 6 and it was really poor. Apps would freeze (anything after an iPhone4, the iPod button is greyed out on the screen and the only way to play music is using the apps) you need to disconnect/reconnect phone every time you start the car. In the end I re-wired it to accept an iPod which is now permanently connected and it works a lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just fitted one in mine, seems ok to me, sound isnt the best but will do.

One thing though, my facia which came with the unit doesnt fit - a huge gap below the unit and too little above - anyone else get this?

Sound is noticeably different when using BT vs wire. When its working its fine but does need a good mobile data connection. the Live App was a big improvement - my issue is the Apple adaptor - they seem to get twisted too easily which makes intermittent connection and now looks like I will have to buy another - that's 3 in 18 months @ £40 a pop. It still looks good but would not recommend unless it was a bucket price

I have just fitted one in mine, seems ok to me, sound isnt the best but will do.

One thing though, my facia which came with the unit doesnt fit - a huge gap below the unit and too little above - anyone else get this?

You need a separate one. I got mine from halfrauds.