Sat Nav in Cubby

ragtopzed1

Hi, I am looking at installing an aftermarket Sat Nav with speed camera alerts in the top cubby hole of my '05 350Z Roadster, I would intend to hard wire it in but don't want to alter the look of the original dash, any recommendations would be very usefull, ta.

I took the power feed off the 12v socket in the passenger footwell (wired in from the back) then passed it under the plastics to the cubby then choose a sat nav that fits in. I chose a sony and packed it in with a black hi density foam , look fairly oe and turns on and off with ignition. Hope that helps

I have a Import and it came with the jap satnav which everyone knows is pointless in the UK. So I ripped it out and installed this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-INCH-Car-GPS-SAT-NAV-Navigation-Navigator-Speedcam-POI-MPH-FM-128-RAM-L45-/251044768269?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item3a736f2a0d

I stripped it down to the screen and mini computer and fixed where the old screen was. I wish I had done a build thread on it, but I was to excited to get it fitted I forgot. It really is simple to do. It has already been done, by another member thats where I got the idea from, but it really is simple to do. Then i just stripped the car charger that comes with it and wired it in the the radio ignition live (fused) so that when the cars on it with charge it. As for the speaker I got a bigger one from maplins and swapped it with the one thats already on it. I should be getting my cars back in the next few days so if you like I can show you some pics, sorry I cant right now. If you have any questions on how to do it I'll gladly help out.

I have a Import and it came with the jap satnav which everyone knows is pointless in the UK. So I ripped it out and installed this :

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a736f2a0d

I stripped it down to the screen and mini computer and fixed where the old screen was. I wish I had done a build thread on it, but I was to excited to get it fitted I forgot. It really is simple to do. It has already been done, by another member thats where I got the idea from, but it really is simple to do. Then i just stripped the car charger that comes with it and wired it in the the radio ignition live (fused) so that when the cars on it with charge it. As for the speaker I got a bigger one from maplins and swapped it with the one thats already on it. I should be getting my cars back in the next few days so if you like I can show you some pics, sorry I cant right now. If you have any questions on how to do it I'll gladly help out.

You got any pics of it in place?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a736f2a0d

You got any pics of it in place?

I'll put some up soon as I get my car back from the engine rebuild should be in the next few days,

I have that album :lol: where did you get the gaitor?

I bought the orange set from ebay and then dyed it the correct colour to match.

The tablet is a Nook HD and I put a build thread on here somewhere. It's all hooked up to the Appradio and sounds stunning - to me anyway. The unit turns on when I start the car and I have a power button between the heated seat switches.

F88D7C07-04F4-4896-A90A-A7410659AA36.jpg

I am looking for a way to power off when the ignition is turned off. :)