A months Rain!!

Beavis

We had heavy rain for several days. I got caught out with the Dogs in a thunderstorm and proper papped myself - the lightning was directly overhead and I was desperately trying to remember all the things they tell you to do in those circumstances but opted for pegging it instead which is no mean feat with my waistline :D

I live right next to a lake, it's about 50 feet from my front door but yesterday it was only about 25 feet ! We had visions of moving everything upstairs in a big hurry but thankfully there must be some sort of overflow because the level didn't get any higher.

We got off lightly with the look of those photographs Chesterfield posted.

Sorry to keep postin on this, as hopefully we have dried up in chesterfield now - but a friend has just sent these over - these four show jut how much the river levels changed here:

river1-1.jpg

river2.jpg

river3.jpg

river4.jpg

Then there are a couple more of the retail park and peering through the shop doors:

CIMG5300.jpg

Image017.jpg

CIMG5298.jpg

CIMG5296.jpg

Photo-0096.jpg

Photo-0095.jpg

On the downside - its started raining here again. Hopefully just showers, but we are set to get some more prolonged wet periods at the weekend - hopefully it will miss Sheffield, the water here has subsided, in Sheffield it is still standing, so the last thing they need there is more rain.

I have several shots of the inside of Meadowhall, water reaching a couple of feet or more across the ground level, looking at the pictures, I wouldnt imagine it will be open and back to normal for some considerable time.

Jeezus, the first four pictures, how long did it take to fill up that high from first to last? :scare:

About 3 to 4 hours apparently. :scare:

I drove litterally about 100 yards from whre those were taken on my way home, either the fire brigade or some helpful souls had removed a bollard preventing access to a dissused factory in the process of being demolished, and removed a section of fence at the other side of the site.

In order for cars (and a bus at the time I went through) to drive through this part demolished factory, out the other side and avoid this flooded river (the river Hipper).