ECU Reset Question

Ian

Since installing my Decat pipes earlier this year I have had the CEL on. I fitted the Non foulers & did the reset with the pedals - This usually lasted about 50/60 miles until the CEL returned.

I recently bought an OBDII scanner and Digimoto software. I checked the codes & all 4 related to the 02 sensors. Since resetting my ECU using Digimoto I've done about 700miles & have not seen the CEL return.

Is the pedal reset anything more than a temporary fix?

It's a proper reset but if you have a problem then it will re appear as it should do.

I thought this is what happens anyway when decatting. Sorry don't know if there is a fix but someone on here will

It's a proper reset but if you have a problem then it will re appear as it should do.

Thats my point, When I reset using the pedal reset it always came back on, since using the software and code reader to do it im running decats with no issues :teeth:

Was just wondering why its ok now if the resets are the same

Strange as if there is a problem, when the ECU does it checks (every X miles) it will read a fault with the O2 sensors and flick the warning light on. The ECU flash should not change this no matter which way you do it.

How many times have you done the foot pedal technique?

The only way to fully get this turned off will be to put in a MIL eliminator i think, thats if its the same as my old car.

Guest prescience

For the record the ECU 'does its checks' several hundred times per second :)

Ian, you have got your car into a stable state with test pipes by whatever means - cross your fingers and hope it stays that way :D

Strange as if there is a problem, when the ECU does it checks (every X miles) it will read a fault with the O2 sensors and flick the warning light on. The ECU flash should not change this no matter which way you do it.

How many times have you done the foot pedal technique?

The only way to fully get this turned off will be to put in a MIL eliminator i think, thats if its the same as my old car.

I was doing the pedal technique atleast once a week.

Im crossing fingers, toes and anything else I can that it stays this way :)