Window motor repair but window won't move

Hammerz

Hi,

I've got a problem with possibly both window motors failed on my new Zed. I attempted to carry out the clean first to see if that helps but at the stage of the guide where I put the window down to remove the bolts in order to remove the glass I couldn't get it to move at all. Not being able to remove the glass meant I couldn't remove the internal part of the door and couldn't progress to removing the motor for cleaning.

I'm fairly sure the previous owner has already attempted this because it looked like the door card had been removed before so I'm going to have to buy new motors but how will I fit them if I can't remove the glass?

As always help is much appreciated!

Also, when buying the window motors any hints at other things to replace/upgrade (speakers?) or anything from the trader that'd be good to get at the same time (car is relatively standard).

Cheers

I think 2 or 3 of the bolts in the metal door panel are attached to the mech, but there are more on the other side holding the glass to the mech, so by holding the glass up, you'll be holding the mech up and the window won't fall and you can access the motor.

Glass is a doddle... Drop it down till the three bolts can be seen and removed through the holes in the metal sheet (12 bolts), remove glass, remove 12 bolts, rebove metal sheet... Really, so so easy and simple... Oh and dont think its going to be a nightmare puting it all back together, the design is idiot proof (no offence to anyone) the bolts go through the glass so it really only can go in one way, I done mine all on my own, probably better with 2 but it can be done...