Skyline engined zed

SkylineV35

The 2JZGTE didn't go VVTi until 98 and only continued until 2000, it did give a better torque spread but not a big increase, I think around 28ftlb, the main reason the 2JZGTE is so good is down to the sequential turbo system, no 1 spins up and is making usable boost at just 1500RPM. But most people end up fitting a 30 or 40 series turbo so it can become a bit of an animal if tuned incorrectly, but a lot of fun. Just for instance a friend had an R32 with a 600BHP RB26, and he spent more time off the road due to engine problems than my Supra, and I kitted and resprayed mine and tuned and fitted a single turbo.

2JZGTE is 594lbs 320BHP 300ftlbs

VQ35DE is 380lbs 273BHP 238ftlbs

RB26DETT is 573lbs 310bhp 260ftlbs

LS1 is 497lbs 405BHP 400ftlbs

But you have to remember the gearbox weight, both the 2JZ and the RB run a six speed Getrag box so they are pretty heavy,

The LS1 is going to shift the car quicker (gear ratios being the same for each engine) due to the torque figure and overall weight as the torque is almost double that of the VQ.