Throttle body cleaning ??

Zhorno

I assume you've had it apart then? What happened the gasket? It's metal so shouldn't fail.

Cleaning is easy, get an aerosol of brake cleaner and spray away, most of the gunk should dissolve and drip out, then rest you can wipe away using a clean cloth soaked in the brake cleaner. Some will tell you you avoid moving the butterfly, but it's on a spring and should return to it's position if you do move it. I moved mine quite a bit to clean it the best i could and it never made any difference.

Do this with the TB off the car by the way, you don't want gunk getting into the plenum :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nope haven't took it off yet mate I just read there was like a "paper" gasket didn't really make much sense so I thought better ask before intake it apart...., and can't tenner code off top of my head but it was for throttle body controler.... So first thing is to clean it before ordering a new 1 right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do clean your throttle body it often may cause idling issues, and needs an ECU interface (via ODB2 port) to get it back to normal - unless there is a different way of doing it (there seems to be what has been posted above).

You shouldn't need to disconnect the battery.

If you do clean your throttle body it often may cause idling issues, and needs an ECU interface (via ODB2 port) to get it back to normal - unless there is a different way of doing it (there seems to be what has been posted above).

You can do the reset procedure with the idle air relearn.

Iv got the little machine that resets engine management light , but ye ill prob just do pedal dance

Pedal dance easy enough I'll just do that

It's not the same to read a code to set the idle air learning.

what you mean ? I read the code with my Code reader then I'll do idle learn and throttle learn after I installed it ......?