Handbrake adjustment

firemansim

• 1 year later...

Looks like I'll have to do this as well, I've tightened the nut under the handbrake till there's only a couple of clicks on the handbrake but the wheels still won't lock.

The next step will be what you've done.

Is it easy?

Read the PDF about it but it's still a bit confusing.

Thanks for any tips...

Robert.

You'll have to remove the rear wheels and adjust the handbrake through the hole after removing the dustcap

Thanks, I'll stick it on axle stands and do it that way, having trouble getting it onto a ramp.

Remember and let the cable adjustment fully off before you adjust the hand brake shoes, finally adjusting the cable.

• 2 years later...

This may seem like a stupid question but does anybody know if Mtec discs had the adjustment hole or am i going to have to take the disc off? I've not got access to the car at the moment or i would go and have a look. 

Cheers :) 

19 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Yes, I would imagine so, however, you will have to take the wheel off to know for sure.

Cheers mate, i'm not home till next week as im working so ill just have to wait to check for sure, was just wandering if anyone had any experience with them before