Millteck Cat Back or HKS High Power

AaronC350z

Hello All,

The question has probably been asked before.

I'm considering changing my exhaust system to either a Millteck Cat Back Non Res or HKS High Power System. I was wondering if any of you guys have had good or bad experiences with either system and if you could recommend either or ? or another system which maybe cheaper but does the job. ( The cobra cat back system maybe ? ) :)

I'm also considering decating the car ? Does the engine management light come on if you remove the cats ? Again what would your recommendations be ? any good / bad experiences with removing the cats ? obviously id have to throw the cats back on before M.O.T !!

All your knowledge and experience is welcome. All information will be absorbed and i will hopefully come to a decision !! :lol:

Regards,

Aaron

not sure about the system but i've had all the options from standard cats to test pipes

standard definatley restrictive

unsilenced decats sounded harsh

silenced decats were not much diffferant

sports cats seems to sound deeper and engine pulls more smoothly also passed mot with these

all on an unbranded sports system

also didn't have any trouble with engine management light with any

Edited by andybp
  • Like 1

I maybe wrong (probably) but isn't the pipework on HKS just steel? where as the milltek is stainless.

I just looked on the AAM Competition website and it says the HKS is Full Dual Polished SUS304 Stainless Steel Piping w/Dual Titanium Tips.

http://aamcompetitio...ust-system.html

i

Maybe newer versions are full SS....wasn't sure, as I've had two HKS systems on previous cars, and both didn't have SS piping. Worth checkiing though before the OP spends his wonga.

Below from HKS website:

Hi-Power 409 mufflers offer a cost effective solution for your sports muffler needs. The rear section is made from SUS304 grade stainless steel for a high lustre finish and the piping section which is not visible once fitted is made from coated SUH 409, reducing the cost. SUH409 has other benefits such as being more resistant to thermal expansion and improved acoustic properties. SUH409 has the ability to absorb more sound than SUS304 which allows Hi-Power 409 mufflers to have a straight through design without fear of excessive noise.

Edited by aidan

ideal having you guys on the door step like im going to have a butchers on youtube and see which one i definately prefer weight up the pros and cons and make a decision :D

I should be getting my milltek tomorrow and hopefully have it on by Monday.. If you want to meet up next week to hear one in the flesh.. fair enough mine is a 370 so it wont be pap on

Edited by Richie-B
  • Like 1