Window tint prices south west

Zhorno

Hi, no I don't, it's just a job I want to do on Decembers pay packet. Gorilla tint in Weston quoted me 120. Which includes all rear windows. You won't find a reputable tinter that does the front windows as it's illegal. Even the lightest of tints will be illegal on the front.

Your front windows are already tinted. Look closely and you will notice a difference compared to clear glass. Adding even the lightest of shades will make it illegal. If you can find a dodgy back street one they might do it. The other way round is explain the car is a show car and not a road legal car.in worse cases You can get 3 points, fined and asked to remove the film while pulled over. Happened to a friend of mine. But he was pushing it little with limo black front windows.

Even the lightest of tints will be illegal on the front.

A front side window is allowed to be tinted, but it must let 70% of the light through, every car will differ in shading depending on colour of interior, what % you do the other windows etc

Edited by Jetpilot

This has been posted quite a few times before - https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

99.9% of vehicles meet this criteria on leaving the factory.......ergo, you are not allowed to tint the fronts ('cos its already done)

whether you decide to risk it or not is your choice, many do and have done so for a long time without any issue, but...............if you have an accident that "could" be related to vision..........apart from any legal issue, what about your insurance ? - would they pay out.......I doubt it

Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

• Like 1

As a guide price, my rear window was £70. That would of included the 2 small rear quarter windows too, but I decided not to have those done.

Ultimate wraps near Dudley did it and I was pleased with the results and service. He wouldn't do the front windows even if I wanted him to. (which I didn't).

More details here if you're interested and fancy a trip to the Black Country. Bostin :teeth: : http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71896-roof-wrap-and-rear-window-tint/