MK4 (w Reg) 1.8T Black Golf (Damaged Turbo)

Grundy

Below is what I've copied and pasted from my Golf Forum, Not the friendliest bunch over there, anyway thought i'd post here as well if there is any interest :)

If you would like me to post a picture with my username, just say and I'll get that done.

Cheers

Sadly my car has come to the end of it's life...with me that is.

Gone and bought myself a Nissan 350z :)

Anyway just testing the water here as at the moment it's clogging up my drive and needs to be taken away!

I will more than likely break down the car and sell the bits, but would be easier if someone will just take it off my hands for a reasonable price.

My build - http://uk-mkivs.net/...spx?PageIndex=1

Tax: 3-4 Months Left

MOT: Runs out this month (End October 2013)

Mileage: 161k

Colour: Black

Doors: 3

Engine: 1.8 Turbo GTI

Year: 99/2000 (W reg)

Mods: -

17's BBS replica's, with loads of tread,

FK Coilys,

£600 Custom Stainless Full system exhuast,

Full Real Carbon Air Intake system (Piper Cross)

Bailey's Dump Valve

Front Mount Intercool (Ebay Jobby)

Rear steal spacers

Drilled and Grooved Break Discs

R Line Bonnet Bra

TT Front ARB

Uprated Droplinks

SABelt Harnesses

Full Recaro Interior

New Windscreen fitted due to crack

Engine been Remapped (200BHP'ish)

Steal sump fitted

Pioneer Headunit Doubledin (Sold separately with car £200)

Think that's all the work done to the car, as the tread says, there is full service history, ton's of receipts, adds up to about £10k's worth of work done from previous owners.

Never had any issues with this car for the 3 years I had owned it, started first time every time. Only untill a couple of weeks ago, I thought a Sensor was playing up as it was telling me to check Coolant, but it was full and fine. Then on it's final journey smoke started pouring out from exhaust, popped the bonnet and it was coming directly from the turbo. If i'm lucky it's just a seal, but it could be worse, however I don't have the money to keep putting into this car now.

There are several marks on the car, couple of scuffs and the odd dent and key mark, very frustrating, again just didn't have the money anymore to keep it maintained.

It's a shame, because when the car is polish and cleaned up, looks gorgeous.

Anyway, Turbo and Waterpump need looking at and the bodywork could do with a couple of ££hundred spent on it to get it up together.

I could probably get more for breaking the car down, but that's time that I don't have, so I'm currently open to offers as i'd like this gone ASAP.

Looking for £1200 for everything but will be open to offers!

Based in Fareham/Portsmouth.

IMGP574.jpg

GtiFMIC.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_00871.jpg

IMG_00571.jpg

IMG_00561.jpg

Don't want be the bearer of bad news but you're going to have to break it to get your money back. There's ones going for £900 quid that aren't broken and unfortunately mods don't really add value to a car unless you find someone that really wants them and is willing to pay. If your exhaust is worth £600 quid id sell that, the wheels and intercooler and scrap the rest. If not get it repaired and you might get £1200 for it. GLWTS

Yeah, Went overboard with the spending on this car.

Tbf I'm looking for 800-1000 for it as I really can't be bothered with the hassle of breaking it down.

I will end up putting it on Autotrader, just hate the prices they charge!

To be honest mate I'd probably break it.

These aren't worth much any more unfortunately. If I had the space I'd make you an offer for that reason. That said, you probably wouldn't even consider what I'd pay for it.

Wouldn't bother with Auto Trader. In my experience you'd be better off with eBay for this one.

Is it drivable? Or would it need to be picked up on a trailer?

Edited by SamN

To be honest mate I'd probably break it.

These aren't worth much any more unfortunately. If I had the space I'd make you an offer for that reason. That said, you probably wouldn't even consider what I'd pay for it.

Wouldn't bother with Auto Trader. In my experience you'd be better off with eBay for this one.

Is it drivable? Or would it need to be picked up on a trailer?

Going to be hard shifting this :( Even breaking it, you have to wait for someone to be interested, get the right price etc, do the work!.

It's drive-able to the extent, better off driving it onto a flatbed and towing it home.