My light has misted up

Smokeyjoe

My front passenger headlight has accumilated some water and now remains quite misty. I took it off and put a hair dryer blowing into one of the bulb holes but its not getting it 100%. Any other ways? I looked at new light units but they are silly expensive!

It has also killed (or happened at the same time) that xenon headlight light. Where do people get bulbs from, halfords seem a little pricey...do you have to fit them in any special way?

Sorry i'm new to all this real car stuff, been knocking around with old cars for too long!

Joe

The thousands of K is just the colour temperature. 4300k is OEM slightly yellow, best light output, 6000k is more white and what most go for but with a little less light output. 8000k is what I have, slight blue tint in the white and what I think looks best, but slightly less light output again. The higher you go the less light is emitted. Personally I wouldn't go higher than 8000k but up to 20000k is available.

The colour chart goes yellow, white, blue, purple and finally green.

Edited by KyleR

Some loser wrote this...

http://www.350z-uk.c...__fromsearch__1

:lol: Don't look too bad. I prefer a whiter light so would probably go for the 6K and the sidelights look better too. Just bought one of those 5smd LED bulbs for my interior boot light and the difference was fantastic so it's good to know they look good in the headlights too. On another note 350Ad do you have to take the headlamp out to replace the bulbs then I'm assuming? Is it just remove four bolts and lift out forwards?

Some loser wrote this...

http://www.350z-uk.c...__fromsearch__1

:lol: Don't look too bad. I prefer a whiter light so would probably go for the 6K and the sidelights look better too. Just bought one of those 5smd LED bulbs for my interior boot light and the difference was fantastic so it's good to know they look good in the headlights too. On another note 350Ad do you have to take the headlamp out to replace the bulbs then I'm assuming? Is it just remove four bolts and lift out forwards?

It's an absolute mission mate....you basically need to take the bumper off or pull it down to get to the bottom bolts for the headlight. Then yep you need to pull the headlight out to replace main beam.

You can do the indicator bulb with the headlight still in but main beam is impossible.

Good luck dude!

It's an absolute mission mate....you basically need to take the bumper off or pull it down to get to the bottom bolts for the headlight. Then yep you need to pull the headlight out to replace main beam.

You can do the indicator bulb with the headlight still in but main beam is impossible.

Good luck dude!

Does sound like a mission. :lol: I think I'll wait until a bulb blows then before I attempt this. No point dismantling the car just yet. :thumbs: