Importing a dual radiator and condensing fan assembly

crow666

Hi - first time poster...

My '04 350z has been overhaeting in traffic - it looks like it needs a new dual fan assembly.

The Nissan garage is charging £960 (inc VAT) for the part.

This seemed insanely expensive so I looked on line and found loads in the US for about $180.

I've attached a link to the product which shows the front and back and the connectors

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1375285&cc=1431982

Has anyone ever used these? Is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks very much

Send Zmanalex a PM. I'm sure he'll have these considerably cheaper than the price you were quoted from Nissan and already in the UK.

Probably in stock and good to go same/next day too ;)

Has it actually been overheating or just getting hot, these cars do tend to run hot comparatively. Personally I would use it as an excuse to upgrade the oem radiator for something like the Mishimoto one which does work. Although with the onset of the winter I suspect that overheating problems are not going to be a problem.

Yes, sounds like your current ones are f**ked. Zman Alex is the guy to deal with as this is a great product. Yes you could import for less but after being stung with import duties etc then it works out as false saving. If you can afford it then get both the radiator and the fans the car seems to be happier running a little cooler. Nearly £1000 sounds extremely steep just to replace the fans, I would suggest trying to find a local independent garage to do the work for you - although its not a massive job and you could probably do it yourself.

Thanks for the order, this will ship today and be with you tomorrow :)

Just a quick one, Mishimoto do a lifetime guarantee on all their parts, even if you're in a crash they'll replace the part so long as you have a receipt. Is this still valid if buying through Clark Motorsport?