Drivers Window

Grundy

Morning,

So...3days after owning the Zed (Still love it!)

Was driving to work, needed to clear the window so pressed the button to let the window down, then back up again. Still wasn't clear, so made the window go down again, however this time after pressing the button, it didn't go back up...

Tried turning the car off and on again, tried opening and closing the door, checked for something in the way, nothing...window would not go up.

So I thought maybe it's cold, lets wait for the car to fully warm up and i'll be lucky...So and behold, I was lucky the window went back up! Did a test and it went up and down perfectly fine again...

Just wondering if anyone else had en-counted this before?

53 Plate, 61kMiles.

Cheers

Matt

if it didnt event try to move (as opposed to trying and failing to move) it might be the switch - my car (pretty much identical to yours) requires holding the switch up, then a little bang just below the switches to get a connection, then it will go up fine.

I keep meaning to get it looked at, but when its cold i use the air con rather than open a window - only time its annoying is trying to get into car parks, but that inconvienience isnt with the £180 charged for a new motor!

Edited by brillomaster

if it didnt event try to move (as opposed to trying and failing to move) it might be the switch - my car (pretty much identical to yours) requires holding the switch up, then a little bang just below the switches to get a connection, then it will go up fine.

I keep meaning to get it looked at, but when its cold i use the air con rather than open a window - only time its annoying is trying to get into car parks, but that inconvienience isnt with the £180 charged for a new motor!

Yeah sounds similar, it wasn't as if the motor was struggling, it just wasn't trying. All I could hear was the click of the switch, so it could possibly be a loose connection.

Yeah sounds similar, it wasn't as if the motor was struggling, it just wasn't trying. All I could hear was the click of the switch, so it could possibly be a loose connection.

it will be the motor