Fault Code P0350....?

Zed devil

Hey all,

My VDC, Slip and Check Engine light all randomly came on today.

I stopped the car and started the engine again and the check engine light remained on.

I borrowed my friends code reader which showed up as P0350 Ignition Coil Circuit. I cleared the fault and the light went off.

Drove the car, parked up, started again an all 3 lights are showing again. Now showing P0350 and P0303 Cylinder 3 misfire. The car sounds and feels a bit "Ropey" now.

Could this be spark plugs?

If so, seems weird how the VDC an Slip light also came on?

Thanks

Edited by Zed devil

Haven't had issues with coil packs on this car but have on previous, normally the enginer note is totally different and you might get a bit of extra vibrations but thats just speculation. Not the worst thing to go wrong with your car tbh, has the spark plugs been changed yet?

Will check it out.

Cleared the fault and it hasn't come back yet.

Just a query, when I unplugged coil pack 3, the VDC, Slip and EML all stayed lit up. The code reader picked up the same 2 faults. When I plugged back in and erased codes they didn't come back.

However, I spoke to another 350z owner and when they unplugged a coil pack, no lights lit up on the dashboard. When they plugged in a code reader, it only picked up the code P0350 which is ignition coil circuit.

Both cars are the same model.

Why would one car bring up the fault lights on dash and 2 fault codes but the other car brought up no fault lights and only one code?

• 1 month later...

Will check it out.

Cleared the fault and it hasn't come back yet.

Just a query, when I unplugged coil pack 3, the VDC, Slip and EML all stayed lit up. The code reader picked up the same 2 faults. When I plugged back in and erased codes they didn't come back.

However, I spoke to another 350z owner and when they unplugged a coil pack, no lights lit up on the dashboard. When they plugged in a code reader, it only picked up the code P0350 which is ignition coil circuit.

Both cars are the same model.

Why would one car bring up the fault lights on dash and 2 fault codes but the other car brought up no fault lights and only one code?

Maybe this vvvvv or did you check it?

First thing to check is the ground from the ignition circuit, it bolts onto the timing cover @ the front. underneath the engine cover