My 350z - progress thread

Jehuty

Thought I should do a progress thread so if any one at all is interested they can have a look at the steps my cars taken, and also for my own benefit to! excuse some of the pics, I use an SLR and sometimes quick snaps with an iphone so if they look a bit iffy, blame instagram!

So back in late july early august i found myself a 59,000 mile GT in black. Seemed to have decent history with lots of main dealer reciepts. Noticable changes from previous owners were upgraded grooved brakes and the rear strut bar wrapped in carbon fibre. She was also roking a set of Toyo Proxys. And here's how she looked just after i got her!

31.jpg

3a16a56cf7cb11e2aca322000a1fa76a_7.jpg

I kept her as standard as she was for the first couple of months just to get a feel for the car, listen out for any odd noises etc. Working at R-Tec Auto design in st. albans has its benefits being able to give her a thorough look over after i took delivery for any area's that needed addressing! Thankfully nothing was found!

Quick & easy changes were simple things such as LED rear number plate bulbs and LED sidelight bulbs, subtle but making her look fresh and get rid of the yellow-ness! Of course, a mandatory change to a stubby arial was also made.

bcb32e7e140811e3826122000a1fd1d7_7.jpg1002a70c1f0911e3b62222000aeb43cc_7.jpg

Not much changed for about a month but decided to grab a few more pics, while taking the pictures me and a friend had a hunt around the engine bay deciding whether to fit an induction kit or just replace the panel filter, but discovered it already had a k&n panel filter in place! Bonus!

2.jpg

And then.... a box turned up.

2c7c1424304111e38d2722000a1f8fa0_7.jpg

This came off

5f696eda337111e3bc3b22000ae80efa_7.jpg

And this went on...

9a14abbc337111e3be8622000a9f192b_7.jpg

All fitted up...

ed13b272337111e393e722000aaa0a4a_7.jpg

And that is as far as i have got so far!

Current spec:

2004 GT

Grooved discs & uprated pads

K&N Panel Filter

R-Tec Auto Design HKS Style twin-loop cat-back exhaust

Toyo Proxy's

Carbon Fibre wrapped rear strut bar

LED Number plate bulbs

LED Sidelight bulbs

stubby arial

Coming soon:

30mm Lowering on springs (undecided which brand)

Nismo style front splitter

Nismo style rear spats

Tarmac sportz side diffusers

Tinted whindows (dark smoke/light smoke combo)

19" alloys (undecided which yet)

Undecided idea's:

Fly eye front & rear lights - black

R-Tec tubular manifolds

Induction system (most likely k&n gen ii)

Follow on instagram @Jehuty or the car #zizi04

Thankyou for reading.

Thanks Neo! The exhaust sounds great, really emphasises the burble of the V6 but when cruising isn't droney and overbearing, thanks to the twin loops. When you do put your foot down you get some complementary pops which is nice ;) ill try get a vid up some point this week!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry GM missed your post ill get a price when I get back in to work tomorrow!

Smallish update: decided next on the cards was suspension/stance, a little bit wary of coilovers I'm not sure they'd be suitable for the roads I use so sticking with springs for now, then if more lows are needed ill consider it.. Ordered a set of AP springs -30/-30 and Bimecc 20mm front 25mm rear hubcentric spacers! Ill grab some pics when they come through!