Just had two rims on the 370z refurb again...

robin c

Just had two wheels refurbed by BJV engineering after clonking the rear one during this years mountain pass road trip.

Hopefully they did as good job on the paint as last time! Shall find out on Saturday when I collect it.

Always a nervous wait after my experience with another so called wheel painting expert.

Cant stand not having having mint alloys.

Edited by robin c

So your having the whole wheel re-done as opposed to repaired ??

How bad is/were the ding's ??

What cost ??

Tends to cost me £80 (whole wheel for a good finish) plus the hassle of getting back home and then returning to pick the car up. I treat it as an expensive lesson that reminds me of the need to be careful and take my time parking. I know some people boast about never having scuffed their wheels, but if you live on a fairly crowded road with no off street parking and hefty granite pavements, the occasional mishap tends to occur. The cost and hassle has certainly made me be more careful - I average a ding about once a year now.

Edited by sipar69

The whole wheel is stripped, repaired then painted. See there website for more details. It's correctly prepped etc.

It wasn't that bad, lip damage only, I am just a bit ocd on my Zeds condition. I had the front mint rim done to ensure 100% paint match. Bit frustrating having a perfectly good rim stripped back but not as frustrating as a mis match.

Think it's about £70 inc vat per wheel. Not a large outlay imo yearly.