What's done in a p1,2 or 3 service ?

fairladyz2013

Did you know that the service pattern goes like this...

Service 1 = P1

Service 2 = P2

Service 3 = P1

Service 4 = P3

...then the pattern starts all over again, if you know what I mean.

It's not just P1, P2, P3 - make sure that you and your garage (if it's non-Nissan) know this.

Here - I've scanned the 2 relevant pages fron my UK service book. Mine is a 370z, but I'm sure it's the same (or near as makes no difference) for your 350z...370zServiceDetails2.jpg370zServiceDetails1.jpg

Edit - I've realised the 2nd image may not be readable, so I'll try uploading it in a different way.

Edited by chubbster

Fairlady - It looks like Photobucket is compressing my scanned image to the point where it's unreadable. If you want to give me your email address I can send you the original scan, which is really easy to read and will give you all the information you need.

chubbster

• Like 1

Fairlady - It looks like Photobucket is compressing my scanned image to the point where it's unreadable. If you want to give me your email address I can send you the original scan, which is really easy to read and will give you all the information you need.

chubbster

Thanks for the scan image.. I'll pm my email too ;) anyone know if they check the health of like the engine in a service ? Thanks

chubbster

Thanks for the scan image.. I'll pm my email too ;) anyone know if they check the health of like the engine in a service ? Thanks

Haven't received pm's from anyone yet - is my messaging system working ok?

No. As far as the garage is concerned they usually want to get it in / out as quickly as possible. Servicing is usually given to the YTS trainee lad who has something like 20 minutes allocated to do a full service.

Sometimes if the garage is looking to get more cash out of you, they may check the tyres & brakes and recommend that you need new discs etc... in such cases it pays to check yourself as more often than not they are just trying it on.

No. As far as the garage is concerned they usually want to get it in / out as quickly as possible. Servicing is usually given to the YTS trainee lad who has something like 20 minutes allocated to do a full service.

Sometimes if the garage is looking to get more cash out of you, they may check the tyres & brakes and recommend that you need new discs etc... in such cases it pays to check yourself as more often than not they are just trying it on.

Ah thanks for the reply mate. Yea I guess your right. Do you recommend anything which can test the cars engine is in good health? - reason being I had a rx8 and the engine went and wanted to make sure my new zed is completely fine before adding extras.