Fitting 370z seats into a 350z

Fluke

d46b40f6b1417881264a184942c4dc3e.jpgI am in the process of installing a set of 370z seats I got from Adrian, there are a couple of differences and I am after some advice. First off the air bag wires and connectors are different as can be seen in the photos. I was just going to cut the plugs off and swap them over, but electrics isn't my strong point. The 350 has green and brown wires the 370 yellow and blue. Which colour goes to which?

ab95e6f7f86133c8baabb3b60248844e.jpg

17fe9d9996aba831d068fa9d585a7b3c.jpg

The rails have the mounting holes in the same position, however the 350 has a lug in the floor pan and the 370 has it on the seat rail. Would it be best just to cut the lug off?

66a656efd69a67e971bc7a8189ad6c20.jpg

Hi mate.

My 350z had the plugs off when I bought it and I had to reattach the yellow plugs. My wires were both yellow and I was worried which way they might go. I tested with the wires each way and the airbags didn't deploy and the airbag light went off both ways too.

I thought that all airbag wires had to be yellow on all cars so mechanics knew to avoid them.

If you are thinking of swapping the plugs maybe keep the 350z sockets. If you look Into the seat end of the socket there is a resistor linking both wires.

Do not try and scope it with a multimeter as it may set off the airbag!!

Good luck!

Edited by timb2010

On my 350z wires from the plug to car were both identical and both yellow.

Both wires from seat plug to airbag were both identical and both yellow.

I connected them up one way, crossed my fingers and connected the battery. The airbag light went off and stayed off. As i had the passenger plugs to also connect and in case I had got lucky. I then swapped over the yellow wires.

Again I connected the battery, the airbag light went off and stayed off.

In my case they were non-polar. Mine is a 2006 UK. As yours are different colours it may be different!

Please don't trust my post and trigger your airbags!

What you could do... If you have an old seat with an airbag, is you could pull that white tab on the plug, swap over the wires and see if all is still good. Then you will be not risking your new seats!

http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?/topic/74558-350Z---Drivers-Seat-Airbag-deployed-during-SRS-light-reset

350Z - Drivers Seat Airbag deployed during SRS light reset

http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?/topic/72971-Seat-AirBag-resistor

Seat AirBag resistor

Edited by timb2010

On my 350z wires from the plug to car were both identical and both yellow.

Both wires from seat plug to airbag were both identical and both yellow.

I connected them up one way, crossed my fingers and connected the battery. The airbag light went off and stayed off. As i had the passenger plugs to also connect and in case I had got lucky. I then swapped over the yellow wires.

Again I connected the battery, the airbag light went off and stayed off.

In my case they were non-polar. Mine is a 2006 UK. As yours are different colours it may be different!

Please don't trust my post and trigger your airbags!

What you could do... If you have an old seat with an airbag, is you could pull that white tab on the plug, swap over the wires and see if all is still good. Then you will be not risking your new seats!

http://www.350z-uk.c...SRS-light-reset

350Z - Drivers Seat Airbag deployed during SRS light reset

http://www.350z-uk.c...AirBag-resistor

Seat AirBag resistor

Thanks for the reply. I dont want to deploy the air bag on my old seats as they are in great condition, so I plan to sell them on.

I got in the car to go get some fuel ready for work tomorrow and found out the 350z seat belt clip is too big to go in the 370z stalk. Here's a couple of pictures of how the seats look.

376731b35de73d61ed57f653b84ca41e.jpg

The 370z seats are slightly wider than the 350z, there is more adjustment for height and lumbar, I will find out how they are for comfort tomorrow when I drive 120 miles.

Edited by Fluke

I have swapped the seat frames over, it wasn't a difficult job to do, but was time consuming. It took about 11/2 hours each side. I have solved the seat belt issue, but can't get my airbag light to stop flashing.

I have tried soldering a resistor directly onto the loom running from the floor, but I still get the flashing light. Can anyone else offer advice?