350Z - Drivers Seat Airbag deployed during SRS light reset

timb2010

Hi all,

Im looking to buy a 55 plate 350z at a local garage, it has been sat for about a year with the airbag deployed in the side of the drivers seat. I asked what had happened and he told me that the SRS light was on when it was traded in and the mechanic managed to trigger the airbag off when he was trying to reset the light!

Is this possible? Can someone plug in a code reader or mess with plugs enough to do this?

He has a set of identical leather seats he bought around 6 months ago waiting to be fitted in, I said I would take it off his hands and tidy it myself. He literally hasn't had time to sort it out and ive had my eye on it for a while at the back on the compound.

1) Is there any way (apart from the obvious) that the airbag could have been triggered like this and like he said?

2) Will the SRS light now be on permanently needing the airbag module removing and clearing?

3) Is there anything else I should be wary of? Is it a simple seat swap?

Thanks in advance

Edited by timb2010

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I managed to take some photos under the drivers seat today and I can see how the airbag may have been triggered.

It looks like the loom coming from the floor has had the outer sheath pulled back and the yellow plug has been completely removed and the yellow wires soldered directly in line to each other????

Q: is removing the socket completely like this sometimes done by you lot if the socket is faulty?

It looks like there are just two yellow wires from the main loom from under the carpet going to the airbag is this correct?

The light for the airbag is just flashing away not on solidly, do you think I may be able to install a new seat and reset it? (I guess only way is to try)

Another option would be I guess to fit a resistor like this:

http://www.350z-uk.c...irbag-resistor/

Thanks, Here is a photo:

post-19717-0-82463600-1375904596_thumb.jpg

post-19717-0-45046700-1375905814_thumb.jpg

Edited by timb2010