bird mess

pdg32

Much to my annoyance, have noticed a huge round brown patch of bird mess on the roof. Went out to try and wipe it but to my horror, it is rock hard. Plan to wash the car tomorrow-only hope that moistening it will help. Don't have any products for that sort of thing so any tips would be appreciate for any damage limitation. Wonder if the same has happened to anyone here. Didn't recognise it as bird mess as it was huge.

Came off within minutes of wetting the car prior to washing and holding the hose over it for a while. Baked on crud more than anything else I guess, but unpleasant mess nevertheless. She's lovely and clean once again now, knackered though

On my BMW there was an almighty bird mess on the middle of the bonnet. I saw it in the morning and straight away wiped it off with a damp cloth asap.

I found it had melted right into the lacquer and bubbled it!! T-cut, resin polish etc wouldn't make any difference.

Could I have done things differently? Might I have caused it!!!

Doubt you caused it mate. It is nasty stuff as very corrosive due to their diets. Only way around it is to use decent sealant or was regularly and then remove the mess when it occurs. Worse situation is when they dump on a Cabriolet roof. Hard to get off and dyes the material

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

On my BMW there was an almighty bird mess on the middle of the bonnet. I saw it in the morning and straight away wiped it off with a damp cloth asap.

I found it had melted right into the lacquer and bubbled it!! T-cut, resin polish etc wouldn't make any difference.

Could I have done things differently? Might I have caused it!!!

I left my car with a garage for 6 weeks and when I got it back there was a bird crap mark in the clear coat which wouldn't budge with hand polishing. It came out with DA and Menzerna polish though. I have to say using a DA is a lot less scary than I thought it would be and it helps remove marks like this.