Carbon wrapped boot lid - opinions / what's it worth?

SamN

I'm in two minds about my boot lid. It's currently wrapped in satin carbon fibre vinyl. This was done professionally and looks great, however I feel it looks a bit out of place on it's own.

Option 1: Replace with colour coded boot lid

Option 2: Wrap the roof / A pillars etc so that the whole top half would be carbon wrapped

I'm open to over options! What are your thoughts?

If I went with the first option, I would either remove the wrap and sell it on, or sell the boot lid and buy a black one. I'm not sure what'd be most cost-effective.

I found a black one on ebay for £206 - is this the going rate?

How much would my boot lid be worth with the carbon wrap?

Cheers

Sam

If I went with the first option, I would either remove the wrap and sell it on, or sell the boot lid and buy a black one. I'm not sure what'd be most cost-effective.

Why can't you just remove the vinyl wrap to reveal the original boot lid? No need to buy another boot lid IMO. :shrug:

The previous owner removed the spoiler, filled the holes and wrapped it, so it'd need a re-spray.. I was just thinking of the most cost effective way of sorting it :)

Edit: That said, if I bought another spoiler to go on, I may be able to work a way around that. I won't know until I remove the wrap though!

Think I'll get a quote on spraying it first.

Edited by SamN