Sadara/Fircroft anyone had any dealings with them?

scobie140

As title really, they had a sort of open day at falkirk stadium today about jobs for sadara in sudi. sold it well but that is there job after all. anyone delt with any of them or know much about there salery structure? work patterns etc?

I don't, but if you need assistance with UK taxes etc and tax planning before you go anywhere let me know :) it's amazing how many "experienced" companies get things wrong. You can also take advantage of some good tax reliefs if you have a property to rent out etc.

As title really, they had a sort of open day at falkirk stadium today about jobs for sadara in sudi. sold it well but that is there job after all. anyone delt with any of them or know much about there salery structure? work patterns etc?

I don't, but if you need assistance with UK taxes etc and tax planning before you go anywhere let me know :) it's amazing how many "experienced" companies get things wrong. You can also take advantage of some good tax reliefs if you have a property to rent out etc.

Cheers, there going to phone me tomorrow to see what jobs they think i should go for based on my current role and experience. to be fair life in sudi sounds pretty strict plus i'll be giving up a final salary pension so there offer will need to be a good one. but would def be keeping the house to rent out if we moved away so good to know you can help

:thumbs:

I've had contact with Fircroft about jobs within my industry sector (automotive). There has always been a job behind it. I've never taken them up on interview offers for various reasons (location/timing etc..) but I know of people who have got jobs through them no problems. All uk based though.

They said they would pay for all my expenses to get me down to the interview etc so do seem pretty keen

Yeh its for a new petrochemical plant and they want us to move over there. Its an hour from Bahrain so can go there when off for a drink. They will pay for our accommodation in the compound plus all our bills. tax free does sound awesome though. They rang this morning to ask about notice period and current and expected salary, so should hopefully hear back from them by the end of the week and see if they can make me an offer worth my while going for an interview.

Point to remember - haggle with salary. Most people working out that way do haggle, and therefore not all are on the same money.

Did think about it myself....but if you have ever been around the Gulf area in the summer then you'll know why I chose not too.!!! You'll need good sunglasses and a lot of factor 50.

And don't sell up in UK.....if you hate it you can always jack it in and move back.

Good luck with interview. ;)

I set the salary i said i was expecting pretty high as its got to be special to get me to leave here plus i'd expect them to try and get it down no matter what i'd said. poor structure though if there is a load of you doing the same job but everyone is paid different could get petty with some people.

I moaned about working in our summer heat so working in their heat will be a challange!

Was planning on just renting the house if we moved, that way if it was brutal or the mrs hated it too much she could come home when she wanted till i found a job somewhere else.

Cheers if i get an interview i'll have to make an effort and get a suit!

• Like 1