Bridgestone, Pirelli's, Continental or Michelin?

Mooresy14

I don't know personally but this has been discussed many a time and I am sure I will raise the question again one day but the Michelin Pilot Sports (not sure which design though) are well talked about but then others often talk about the Vredsteins (not sure on spelling but also the one that fits is possibly discontinued)

Perhaps a Poll on which tyres others have on the 350Z and comments on them...

Edited by Yampiedog

In my experience Michelin > Bridgestone (Im running them) > Pirelli > Contis :)

Weirdly hensh65 is the second person on here recently saying they dont rate the Bridgies, that suprises me as I personally think they are very good indeed, and Ive used more tyres than most ;)

If you want cheaper then Vredestein and Falkens are worth a look :)

Weirdly hensh65 is the second person on here recently saying they dont rate the Bridgies, that suprises me as I personally think they are very good indeed, and Ive used more tyres than most ;)

#

What Bridgestones have you got? In all honesty Im probably going to go for these from Event tyres as I need them fitted but does it matter what ones I get? I need 225, 45 on front and 225,45 on back. The Potenza's are what Im going to go for but does th W, or Y matter? There are so many to choose from I dont understand the difference.

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/tyre-search-results.php

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/tyre-search-results.php

Ive got RE050A's, the letter doesnt matter a great deal TBH as it refer to the speed rating, as long as youve got V, W, Y, Z then youre fine. Dont confuse them with Bridgestone RE040's, which 350Z's used to come with and I had changed within 500 miles, they not so good. :yuck:

I'm going to throw Yokohama AD08s in to the mix, much better than the RE50As, especially on the MR2 we use on track.

Are they not pretty terrifying in standing water and even worse on cold roads though? I mean, Federal RS-R and Toyo 888 are the testes on a track but I wouldnt run them through winter, Ive tried with DO-1J's and 888's and having to stick to 25mph or start spinning isnt my idea of fun :lol:

I'm going to throw Yokohama AD08s in to the mix, much better than the RE50As, especially on the MR2 we use on track.

Are they not pretty terrifying in standing water and even worse on cold roads though? I mean, Federal RS-R and Toyo 888 are the testes on a track but I wouldnt run them through winter, Ive tried with DO-1J's and 888's and having to stick to 25mph or start spinning isnt my idea of fun :lol:

Never had a problem with grip in the wet. They were a bit slippy at Brands in January after they gritted the track (seriously!) but considering about 15 cars spun off or went in to barriers that day and we didn't I'd say they're pretty good in the cold as well, still progressive and plenty of feedback so you can feel how much grip you do have.

To be fair mines are running close to the wire ;) plus it might be the car or my heavy steering rather than the tyres that aren't so good :lol: I can't actually judge until I swap to the MPSS whether they are good or not :)

I've just had to replace my two front Bridgestones even though they still had 5mm left on them. Basically the steel cables inside just came apart (not sure how dangerous that is but I'm still here!) You can see the pictures here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75832-unknown-noise/ as I seem to have forgotten how I got the pictures on here last time....

I've now got Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on there and I have to say I really like them. I had an issue with tram lining with the Bridgestones but that could have been down to the tyre dying. I don't get it at all anymore, it's a lot nicer to drive. I wanted the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they aren't available until October apparently. I have to say, the Vredesteins look very nice on the car though (if you like that kind of thing) :)

Edited by Steel Lynx