Advice prior to fitting Throttle Controller

d95gas

Hi guys

Just received my D1 Throttle Controller, and was under the impression it was just a case of plugging unit into OBD port and pedal, but I see there is also 3 other wires.

Do you need to connect the additional 3 or are they just for alternate vehicles?

Many thanks

Graeme

Don't know if this may have slightly changed as I think it's a revision 3 ........ Will have a good read of the instructions over a cuppa in the morning.

Thanks for the help

You need 3. As described before: 1 to the OBD for power, then you disconnect the throttle sensor from the pedal, plug 1 lead into it (the pedal), then plug the other lead into car.

This may not be exactly right as I dont have one, but the concept will be correct. The D1 modifies a signal from the pedal to the car, so basically is plugged in between the pedal and car.

Yep three plugs. There are a couple of other wires (that are blanked) and not used - thought theses might have been to power from a different source rather than OBD port.

Post a pic up of what you have.

Yep just looks like the other plug with blanked off wires is for an alternatate source of power.......I will soon see later this morning :-)

Thanks for all your help guys.

Graeme

Amps the signal so instead of opening slow (er) when you step on throtle, it adjusts the speed that throttle opens (fully) - if that makes sense???.

Does make a diffence - noticable when set in lowest / then set in highest.

To be fair its too abrupt on the highest setting - think mine is set at 6.

Oh and if its a version 3 it fits perfectly in ashtray in centre console.

Edited by aidan

That makes sense but 1st, 2nd and 3rd don't give you 100% fully open throttle, does this allow the valve to open fully?

Or just adjust the speed it opens?

Good question.....

Not 100% sure but when you set up the D1 unit it calibrates the throttle body to the span of pedal travel, so would assume the answer is yes.

BUT

That sounds too easy for removing the mild limiters in first 3 gears.

I'm sure a Z junkie will be along to answer the question in full. I'm also interested in answer, as I thought tyo get rid of limiters you needed an uprev???

The throttle opens fully from the factory in 1/2/3, it's just got a slight delay of X milliseconds from hitting the pedal to the throttle body opening. As far as I know the only way to remove this is with an uprev.

Lots of excellent reviews of the D1 though :thumbs:

The throttle opens fully from the factory in 1/2/3, it's just got a slight delay of X milliseconds from hitting the pedal to the throttle body opening. As far as I know the only way to remove this is with an uprev.

Lots of excellent reviews of the D1 though :thumbs:

So the throttle does open 100% in 1, 2 and 3 but has a delay.

If that's the case what does the D1 throttle controller do as you have said the only way to remove the delay is to get an uprev?