Bridgestone Potenza RE050A - discontinued ?

Fred020

The RE050A has been my favourite tyre on the 370Z and the RX-8 before that. Called the garage today for 2 new ones, and they tell me the suppliers can't source them now or in the foreseeable future, they can only get run flats :yuck:

Checked blackcircles, don't seem to see them either. Anybody know what has happened to the dissinterpearing RE050A ?

BTW This is for the front, so245/40 R19 / 94W

Looking around, it seems the RE050A is being replaced with the Potenza S001. But reviews and this forum both say the S001 is a bit nasty in the wet. I'll check out the main tyre thread (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5589) later, can't view it from work unfortunately. Thanks for all the replies.

Not sure about this home tyre fitting - can they really do proper wheel balancing out of the back of a van ?

just noticed this on their site:

"Rounder overall tyre shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling."

Ahhh so i should stop buying square tyres and then my handling might be better! :lol:

They mean across the tyre width, not the diameter, like the pilot super sport profile.