revving engine update

Moo8774

After scratching my head the other week after changing spark plugs and the engine revving up and down after changing, I decided to take it in to Elite in crewe and they put it in for some diagnostic testing and told me the plugs I got from a motorsport place that deals in jap cars are no good the HR engine will only run on denso plugs and not any other .

is that just disconnect the battery has I did that before I removed anything but I think the mechanic pulled the air flow meter and throttle body pugs off without disconnecting the battery the first time

you can reset the ECU with the pedals. There is a 'how to' in the guides section.

I would get the MAF sensor and Cam Sensor checked out. to see if this is causing the issue

thanks M13KYF I will look that up and they have had it on a machine again today and there is no fault codes/reading coming up and they did a smoke test through one of the air filters to see if the is any lose of air suction and that was ok so they have stripped it all down again for what ever reason and now there saying its a fuel ,or something wrong with the fuel so they are taking it on a road test tomorrow but there not filling me with confidence ,I will take it to Nissan if alls not well tomorrow

im in crewe Elite haven't got a clue what there doing it did the manual ecu reset my self and it ran sweet as a nut but when I went out in it later it was back so I haven't got a clue now ,and im taking it back to them has I had oily hand prints all over the steering wheel an engine they have cut the wiring loom ties put tape on a piece and a bit of silicone pipe to the k&ns is a bit of old pipe that don't even fit .so I have phoned trading standards and told me what to say and do , see what happens in the morn

• 3 weeks later...

After scratching my head the other week after changing spark plugs and the engine revving up and down after changing, I decided to take it in to Elite in crewe and they put it in for some diagnostic testing and told me the plugs I got from a motorsport place that deals in jap cars are no good the HR engine will only run on denso plugs and not any other .

LOL! I just love it when numpty garages make stupid sweeping statements like this, total rubbish! it will run any plug of the correct grade/heat range, I'm guessing they just wanted to charge you the extra mark up on the Iridium's.

• 3 weeks later...