Stolen recovered help

mutley

Hi all, Im going to look at a 350z that was stolen recovered. The car had been reversed into bollard smashing rear bumper, wheels were nicked and one seat nicked!! Apparently value of all this meant it was written off???(what u think). Its on vehicle document as having being repaired. I was worried about resale though - any views. its a 53 GT with Nismo body kit with 25000miles for 15grand. Views would be appreciated...thanks

Number 1, its been ragged. Its been robbed for some bits but its been ragged in the process and probably to within an inch of its life too.

iirc if the repair is more than 20% of the value of the car then it will get written off, so that side of things isn't suspect.

Presumably you need to put a seat in it and also wheels? And sort the bumper? If thats the case I wouldn't touch it at that price - too expensive. sl114 on here has got his for sale with lower mileage, newer plate, mint and only a couple a grand more.

Tbh, even if you didn't have to put those things on I still think its too expensive, especially if it is showing as a repair. Bear in mind you can see the damage and know whats gone on - is a potential future buyer going to be able to do that???

I'd say theres better cars out there mate and I'd walk away.

Hi,

Already some views on this very subject here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8074

My personal opinion is that I would stay away. Its one way of getting into a cheaper Z, but you will always have the stigma, which will make it equally hard to shift when you want to sell, and any damage that you dont know about that causes premature wearing of parts etc could result in expensive repairs further down the line.

I got my 53 plate a year ago in mint condition for £17k!!! I'd personally walk away from this one, plenty of other z's in the sea.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be that many at all (at least not up North)

Theres so many dodgy V-cars and grey imports its a bit of a minefield.

Nissan dealers seem to be asking daft prices for the Z so its pretty tempting to have a look down these alternative avenues.

:headhurt::headhurt:

If its a car you want though, its worth making the journey. I made two 450 mile round trips to get this Z. Once to view and secure the deal, and once to collect.

I did do both drives in a Z though, so it made the whole experience a little more enjoyable :)

I got my 53 plate a year ago in mint condition for £17k!!! I'd personally walk away from this one, plenty of other z's in the sea.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be that many at all (at least not up North)

Nissan dealers seem to be asking daft prices for the Z so its pretty tempting to have a look down these alternative avenues.

What's your budget, mate?

Uk zed £15.3k (Rusty)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/162017.htm

Another £15.75k (Grey :yawn: )

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/148633.htm

Another £15.9k (Azure)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/167023.htm

All for under £16k. Buy any of these before a stolen and recovered car :)

What's your budget, mate?

In an ideal world I'd want a straight swap for my Focus ST. So probably £14.5k

thanks for all the replies guys. The repairs have all been done and it has full nismo body kit, factory sat nav etc but I think i will give it a miss. Something in my belly says its not right!!!

My budget is 16k but i'd like to get the nismo body kit and would like a GT.

thanks again for all your thoughts. :teeth:

plus GT spec is overrated :thumbs:

I'm assuming thats a joke :blush:

Without GT spec they don't sell.

( Thats trade speak for "they are nowhere near as popular as GT spec cars and will sit on the forecourt 5 times as long" ).

( Thats trade speak for "they are nowhere near as popular as GT spec cars and will sit on the forecourt 5 times as long" ).

:lol:

sl114 is trying to shift his NON GT zed. I'm sure he see's the error of his ways :D

Nparmer was stuck with a gorgeous Nismo'd Azure zed with 50k on it and couldn't sell it for love nor money. :surrender:

Personally I'd never have a non Gt. Nor would I ever buy one again without the Nismo kit :blush:

GT pack is a waste of money. Bose is a load of tosh and you can get leather for £500. Change the headunit to a decent one and here's your Z ready to be resold, and you are over £1.5K richer

But what dan says is true, they seem to take longer to shift in Non GT form, unless of course you are selling to someone who knows all the above, like members of this forum etc.

If I had known when buying my first Z that I could have a leather re-trim like yours Val for as little as £500 and stuck a normal double Din unit in for another couple of hundred or so, I would certainly have passed on the GT pack and saved myself some dosh.

But thats why I went for GT over non GT, as I didnt know at the time. Hence why I suppose the GTs will shift quicker off a forecourt.

sl114 is trying to shift his NON GT zed. I'm sure he see's the error of his ways :D

Nparmer was stuck with a gorgeous Nismo'd Azure zed with 50k on it and couldn't sell it for love nor money. :surrender:

Personally I'd never have a non Gt. Nor would I ever buy one again without the Nismo kit :blush:

LOL, all becomes clear :teeth:

I'm not a big fan of body kits myself, but two things that help resale better than any other factors are mileage and specification.

GT pack is a waste of money. Bose is a load of tosh and you can get leather for £500. Change the headunit to a decent one and here's your Z ready to be resold, and you are over £1.5K richer

To someone in the know, like an enthusiast like your self this may well be true. But your average punter wants a high spec standard car, not a low spec car with aftermarket bits on it.

I'm speaking purely from a retailers point of view here ;)

If I was buying new I would agree with that but GT zeds aren't £2k more than non GT's at resale and thats what were talking about, not the merits of it, just the ability to resell it down the line.

Buying new I would not spend £2k on the GT pack.

Buying used I would only buy a GT cos the difference in price is no more than £500 or £600 so you might as well get your moneys worth.

:)