350 07 plate face lift spark plugs

Moo8774

Hi can any one help its time to change my spark plugs its took me an age to find right ones has nissan issued wrong book for car , i have just brought the thinest plug tool i could find but it dont go in deep enough to get to the plug ,so i phoned nissan to see if there was a special tool for it an they said you have to take strut brace off inlet manifold and then the rocker covers i have taken it off at one side but the metal sleave to the plug is still there can any one advise on how to change the plugs please.

Thanks matt

You do not require to remove the inlet manifold or the rocker covers:

Remember that there are two sizes of plugs as the DE is different from the HR.

Halfords do a nice long magnetic plug socket for both applications.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Is the socket too wide/too thick walled to fit down where the spark plugs are? Or do mean you can't get the socket down far enough in to reach the plugs? Are you using an extension bar and a deep socket?

It reaches to bout top of the plug were second ridge is an i think its hitting that i took it to mpb motorsports in crewe last year and they said they couldnt find the right plugs but got to put it all back together first due to helpful nissan not lol