350z hr oil in spark plug tube

Roscoe

Changing my spark plugs at the moment on the 350 and have found the left hand side back tube (no.6?) with oil in it. I think it's seeping through from where the tube meets the valve cover. Is this a common issue?

Cheers

Ross

Don't have an HR but assume you are talking about the tube where the spark resides? If it is it sounds like you need a new rocker/cam/valve cover. Zmanalex has them for the DE engine, probably for the HR too :thumbs:

common fault buddy, probably find the problem in most zeds but obviously few folk get that mucky on them.

try to get as much of the oil as you can out of there before you remove the plug, if enough oil gets into the cylinder and you put a new plug in you run the risk of hydro locking the engine, bending valves and making a mess.

also expect a little smoke when you start her back up, nothing too much to worry about - cats dont like it though (i mean cat converters not your local moggy :lol: ) should clear pdq ;)

Cheers everyone for the response, I soaked up as much as I could with a cloth and ran her up. All is good. I expect it will just fill up again. Yeah it seems like alot of time to replace it if it just happens again within the next 10k miles as its a bad design!