Grinding into 6th

Warner001

Gearbox started grinding into 6th, usually when changing from 4th to 6th.. Unless I really guide the stick into 6th it grinds, really not ideal when you come up against a vxr and fancy a race.. Don't like it knowing that I might not be able to get into 6th gear at high speeds

Gearbox started grinding into 6th, usually when changing from 4th to 6th.. Unless I really guide the stick into 6th it grinds, really not ideal when you come up against a vxr and fancy a race.. Don't like it knowing that I might not be able to get into 6th gear at high speeds

140mph+ races B)

Common Z fault from 4th to 6th.....recondition job only unfortunately! If its only 4th to 6th that's a problem I wouldn't be too worried but 5th to 6th is a bigger issue :(

There's less pull in 6th than in 5th so unless you're on a 2km long straight hitting the speed limiter you don't need 6th ;)

Anyway, yea, common issue, about £500 to replace the synchromesh plus removal and fitting if the box.

• 2 weeks later...