Benedunn's grey soft top :-D

Benedunn

figured Id get something up about what im getting done with the car and the longer term plans for it!

after i met a few of you on sunday i thought you may not mind me posting some pics of my car ;)

1st things 1st - saturday night i gave her a bigish service

(but not before a nice drive out with the roof down)

002_zpsb666ee96.jpg

003_zpsf0e04c7a.jpg

936a0032-60d6-42e4-8e24-4de943aa3694_zps9a7d462c.jpg

then into the garage with lewis for the service

plugs

008_zps6e131666.jpg

drained the oil and added a nice clean k+n filter :teeth:

009_zpsa78fdac3.jpg

new aux belts

013_zps49e9df87.jpg

nackard belt ... saw a few of these on sunday :scare:

014_zpsaf493fc3.jpg

the lads late night cleaning

015_zps2edcd204.jpg

Edited by Benedunn

whilst i was at it i figured i HAD to make the car mine so i ordered a set of spacers and Tein springs (17mm front 14 back enough for me! i enjoy driving my cars without worrying about speed bumps and pot holes ;-) )

got those on tonight :teeth:

not a single causality either! carnt believe how easy the nissan is to work on :wacko:

017_zpsc6afe499.jpg

018_zps77691165.jpg

022_zps9a7ea617.jpg

It will im sure ... im struggling with myself at the moment i really want to go mad on her but i also really need to get the 8 together before i properly start!

the trouble is im 1 of those 'well whilst im in there' kinda chaps

hence the new 8 looking like this

IMG_0308_zpse04df97d.jpg

IMG_0283_zps4d1d58df.jpg

just found this of the workshop back when i wasnt so busy i could keep it clean :-( ... check the rx2 ;) pretty 400bhp bridgy there with whopping snail on her ... genuinely picks its front wheels off the floor at launch - all out of a diddy 1.2 (12a twin dizzy)

IMG_0065_zps22bdecb5.jpg

Anyway ... i really dont want the zed to wind up in pieces next to the 8 before i get the 8 back on the road so im trying to hold off modding a. to free up funds for the 8 - which is costing a bloody fortune :wacko: and b. so i still have a nice car to drive when i want to (my other 8 is looking a bit forlorn these days :blush: )

just a little thing like the plenum spacer is turning into a marathon - something small and simple then i start with the 'well if im in there i may as well get the plenum's off and port em and the rocker covers need doings so ill do them - all that would be easier with the engine on a stand so i may as well do the headers to make it worth taking out but theres no point doing the headers without de-cats and back box and whilst its apart ill get a few bits powder coated here and there'

so as you can see im chewing at the bit just at the min, i very nearlly have everything i need for the mazda to warranty putting it back together - then i can start on the zed properly ;)

• Like 1

after all that hassle with how low mine was ben... i got home.. wound the coilover right down... its crawling on its ass now haha !! SLOW AND LOW !!!

WHYYYYYYYY???????????????????

D's sayin your on about a turbo! whats the point lol?

jack it up and drive it :p ... we'll get it and the 8 to blyton park and ill show you how to go round corners and youll enjoy it :teeth:

woahhhh what you doing here?

haha - i thought you were eyeballing FD's ;-)

lol! Been a member for a few month! Sat in my friends FD and I just couldnt get combfortable. Thought I could hack an old interior too but, as much as the performance is there I dont think I could hack an interior like my old renault! Im also a member on scoobynet; just keeping my options open lol!

mini update, My exhaust didnt sound right ... never really had much to do with the nissan before so i figured i was just how the big V6 sounded

after a week or 2 though i convinced myself it was blowing and guess what! it was :angry: worse still i was sure there was a rattle, like nackard cat rattle and again i was right

Only 1 thing for it ... new 1's :teeth: dont flame me ive gotten myself a stopgap toyo :scare: and a pair of cheapish de-cats too - sorry :surrender: Ive spent 3k on the rx8 this last 2 weeks and though i wanted to i couldnt stomach much more expenditure on modding right now :blush:

so here it all is001_zpsdbc4348e.jpg

and the big hole in my back box for those that dont believe i really really needed this haha :D

006_zps7d1e786b.jpg

dirty dirty broken cats :rant:

002_zps2f293fa7.jpg

old and new 003_zps8a4d4597.jpg

really surprised at the diddy little outlets on the stock manifolds ... thats gonna have to change! ive seen wider zorsts on corsas :dry:

005_zps9ad80b12.jpg

shiney :D

007_zpsea631ca5.jpg

shiney shiney :D

008_zps1715a514.jpg

009_zps58824f22.jpg

010_zps9660836f.jpg

please excuse the poor quality photos - my iphone 5 doesnt take very good photos through inches of muck and grime that my pockets collect :lol:

Breakdown -

The zed exhaust isnt that bad to work on ... though ive known easer. The cats have a nut each that it took a while to get the right ratchet/ socket combination on and in the end the only thing that made it easy you just dont find in a DIY socket set so im glad for the garage!

the cheap de-cats wernt a bad fit for the money but the flexi in the y pipe had to take a little bit out of the off angle on the decat flanges - nothing major and the old y pipe managed fine with no blowing or over stretching.

The back box wasnt an instant success but wasnt bad either and only required the hangers to be tweeked slightly to get it to sit level - other than that not bad all around.

Sound? well now its put a big smile on my face - how long it will last who knows. between 1250 and 2500 rpm it sounds incredible! very very deep and you can feel it let alone hear it.

at band on 2400 - 2500 i get a very very strange tweet - yep like a bird going mad, only when its really warm so im guestimating an ever so slight leak somewhere.

at 3000 rpm the sound changes completely from a nice deep V6 grumble to a rather loud V6 rasp that denton (the young lad that works for me) got very very exited about, im not too sure as yet

and at about 4500 rpm it all settles down to a nice reasonably loud exhaust note that im sure i like a lot

main trouble with the inconstancy in noise's is i keep finding myself going round corners a little faster than im completely comfortable with as im holding onto the accelerator that second or 2 longer to hear it as it clibs :headhurt: im sure ill settle down :)

all in all though a dam sight better than a blowing back box and blocked cats :yahoo: