Fuel Gauge Question

maddog1982

So the manual tells me I have a 80 litre tank being as its a UK car. So I decided to fill up when the gauge showed just about 1/8th of a tank and 48 miles to empty. I struggled to get 60 litres in? Is this normal? Filled up and says 389 miles to empty which i am thinking is about right.

Seriously? Theres me panicking thinking I better fill up! Had a load of tesco vouchers so wanted to brim it and was gutted at it stopping at 58 litres!

Does a fuel light come on at any point? If so how many litres will be left when this happens?

Edited by maddog1982

Seriously? Theres me panicking thinking I better fill up! Had a load of tesco vouchers so wanted to brim it and was gutted at it stopping at 58 litres!

Does a fuel light come on at any point? If so how many litres will be left when this happens?

Yep, fuel light will come on when the DTE reads about 50 miles to go, but I've normally got at least 20 litres left in my tank when this happens :wacko:

My DTE comes on at "38 miles left" (supposedly!) , moves down slowly over the next 15 miles to about 23 DTE (seems reasonable)then within 5 miles leaps off the cliff to show DTE --- !!!

I'm just conditioned now to refill when the DTE starts flashing at me.

David

It goes on ur average mpg, so if ur booting the car dte will come on saying 12miles left and then 20miles down the road you will have 50 left.

Go off fuel gauage, keep it above the 25% and theres no need to panic. I think nissan must have put a 3rd fuel tank in there since the dte fails