Motorway/High speed vibration....poss compression arm?

350Butcher

Evening Guys n Girls,

Just thought I'd ask on here for your opinions. At speeds above 80mph I get some vibration through the steering wheel which is very annoying, it does the same on different sets of wheels, Ive done compression arm bushes, its had new wheel bearings and although these have improved it, its still there (possibly getting worse) and really bugs me especially as I'm doing more motorway driving these days!!

I suspect you're all gonna say its the compression arm ball joint (and I suspect it is too) but all the reading and searching I've done on here would suggest it would give a knock or rattle when failed/failing, I don't have any noises at all though!

The feel through the wheel is just like the wheels are out of balance, its does go completely for a time but 95% of the time its there and driving me nuts.......anyone had the same and found changing the arms cured the problem.......Help me!?

Many thanks, Martin

Thanks for your replies

Siman: Geo was done about a year and only 6000k ago, I've been wanting to get it done anyway so might give it a go, to rule out if nothing else.... but vibration due to geo being very slightly out is not something I've come across myself before. You say yours feels great now, did you have vibration etc before yourself then?

Attak: I'm hoping not due to cost, but the fact the vibration varies made me suspect poss ball joint as loads change across the car so does the vibration

Edited by 350Butcher