UTEC from TurboXS coming to the UK! no longer applicable

Removed

Nope, Sharif @ ForgedInternals apparently, who has done most of the UTEC sales at my350z.com, IRC. He was also very helpful to me when trying to sort out tuning issues on my split-second box. Top bloke.

I'm guessing the guy with cams+pulleys+headers+cats+plenum spacer+exhaust, currently experiences not+much+difference+despite+all+that+expenditure.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he hasn't got pulleys and cams on, they are doing it @ the NISSAN DEALERSHIP as he had some sort of seal leak, so they threw in a cams installation, while doing the oil leak under warranty.......... try asking that to a UK dealership ;) They will be doing baseline runs anyway. PS cams are supposed to be one of the few NA mods that will most definitely free up some HP :)

Just to update you all on our situation, tried for the zillionth time to ring Jermaine, he was "in the back of the shop" apparently, told the guy I spoke to to tell him to ring me back before he left for the day (yesterday), and guess what..... no return call :yawn::dry:

I didnt upgrade the fuel system on my old car, no. The kit you got is exactly what I had on my car.

You would need some 440 injectors, drop in walbro pump and fuel return system. The UTEC could scale the injectors nicely.

I didnt upgrade the fuel system on my old car, no. The kit you got is exactly what I had on my car.

You would need some 440 injectors, drop in walbro pump and fuel return system. The UTEC could scale the injectors nicely.

£££££££££££££££

Not really an option

Any US or Italian peeps got maps avaialable for us to look at?

Also... how will I get this to replicate the SS box on the Vortech by opening a solenoid to action the auxiliary fuel pump?

there's a thread on tech with a couple of maps there, but are for NA mate

some news from the Italian front:

they mounted the UTEC on the first NA car (no mods afaik), 4 hours work!!!!! they started trialling the mapping process.

their tuner confirmed the UTEC seems like a very good quality product and they said they found a couple of "features" which they weren't aware of in this type of ECMs. Tonight it should be nice and mapped! :D

Tomorrow it's the turn of a relatively modified car (not the one with the cams but the one with plenum high flow cats exhaust)

No use to me then. Still hunting the US forums to see if I can find any info on wether the UTEC can control external devices. If not, I might have some bad news on this GB...

Does this help

'If you look for references to spare solenoid, you can see the connections to a slave device and also see how that can be set-up (in the software) to switch on as a function of rpm and boost

It states that a device drawing up to 2 amps can be driven'

I'm not sure where you found that, but on the TurboXS site they list:

"Spare Solenoid Drivers- Allow you to activate devices in a 3D map like Water Injection, Nitrous, Water Sprayer etc."

So that looks like it'll do the in-line fuel pump. Have you got that as well Pete?

Can't claim the credit,

I'd been searching for the same thing, then Dorian pointed me in the right direction.

It looks like this is what we need, just connect the fuel pump, which is the red/black wires on the SS to the aux pin 7 on the utec and hey presto :D

wish it was this simple, cars back on the 17th BTW

Can't claim the credit,

I'd been searching for the same thing, then Dorian pointed me in the right direction.

It looks like this is what we need, just connect the fuel pump, which is the red/black wires on the SS to the aux pin 7 on the utec and hey presto :D

wish it was this simple, cars back on the 17th BTW

fingers crossed for you mate! :D

I spoke to Jermaine!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

he's got the UTECs, he's double checking every single unit making sure they are all in perfect working order before sending them over to us.

He'll email me when he charges my credit card AND also forward me his flight itinerary asap.

he's reconfirmed 29-30 June will be the dates B)

I told him if he doesn't turn up I'm personally flying over there and drag him to TDi! :lol:

Adam from Z1auto might tag along, which would be great!

so, a more positive outlook now, and will be waiting for his emails with the above info and let you all know

Valerio :yahoo:

Did you ask him about the MAP sensor and swtiches??? I tried emailing him myself about it, but got no reply. ;)

I'm expecting them in the deal mate. remember the mail I sent him? it's in black and white, no other option :)