PAC Audio adaptors

SunsetZ

I'm just about to order the two Pac Audio adaptors from ebayUSA required for installing an aftermarket head unit in the 350z. I know I need the PAC-ROEM-NIS2 for wiring up the headunit......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAC-ROEM ... dZViewItem

but I'm unsure whether this is the correct steering wheel control adaptor......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAC-SWI- ... dZViewItem

It does state its for a Pioneer headunit, which I have, but it states on the Pac Audio site that its for the 2006 350z. Is the wiring for the steering wheel different on the 06 model compared to my 04 model?

Has anyone used this adaptor on a pre 2006 model?

Don't want to order the wrong adaptor.

Thanks,

Bruce.

I think I had a quick look at this when I got my PAC-ROEM. If you click on the complete model list, it only lists 2006 & 2007 models. Best email the seller or PAC themselves to get a definitive answer.

I beleive there is also a generic one you can get which you program with the buttons and controls. Someone on here has it but I cant remember who.

Would be surprised if the wiring is any different.

Bluetooth phone adaptor wasn't standard prior to MY06 model (meaning some cars didn't have the wheel mounted controls for HU & phone), I would suspect that is why the company are showing only MY06 onwards.

Would be surprised if the wiring is any different.

Bluetooth phone adaptor wasn't standard prior to MY06 model (meaning some cars didn't have the wheel mounted controls for HU & phone.

All uk coupes have the HU and phone buttons on the steering. Non GT's are missing the cruise control. :)

99.9999% sure the wiring will be fine. That side of things. Even if the cars did not have the buttons they will have still had the wires behind for them.

I got the PAC unit for controlling my Alpine head unit - It only listed the newer models but it worked fine with my 2004 unit.

Info on my installation can be found at http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=pac

Thanks for all the replies.

I contacted PAC Audio and they said that as long as the car has steering wheel controls the PAC-SWI-PS will work fine. The reason its listed as 2006 onwards is because US models didn't have the steering wheel controls prior to this date.

They also mentioned that there is a company in the UK who supply PAC Audio products. I know a lot of owners here have bought there adaptors off of ebay USA. This is fine until something goes wrong or firmware upgrades are required. PAC Audio do not support any of their producs that are purchased via ebay.

The company is called In Car Tec. Here is a link to their website....

http://www.incartec.co.uk/

Gonna give them a call tomorrow and see how much the adaptors are.

Bruce.

Ignore the last post.

Don't bother with In Car Tec. They want £63 + £3 delivery for the SWI-PS steering wheel adaptor!

I've ordered one of ebay USA for £25 delivered.

Why is this counrty such a rip off :angry:

Bruce.

Nearly fininshed installing everything. Just have the Pac-SWI-PS steering wheel remote adaptor left to fit. I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow.

Found everything quite simple so far. Everything connected easily and worked first time! Didn't even bother disconnecting the Bose sub. I just switched on the high pass filter on my headunit so that there's no low frequencys going through it.

I've built my own sub enclosure in between the rear strut bar and the rear speakers with a false shelf above so that nothing is visible from the outside. Its the only place I could fit the 12" sub without losing the rear boot space. Mounted the amp on the torneu cover that I made myself as well. Got some black speaker cloth from Maplins to cover everything and match the rest of the interior.

I'll post a few pics once its completed.

Nearly fininshed installing everything. Just have the Pac-SWI-PS steering wheel remote adaptor left to fit. I'll probably get around to doing that tomorrow.

Found everything quite simple so far. Everything connected easily and worked first time! Didn't even bother disconnecting the Bose sub. I just switched on the high pass filter on my headunit so that there's no low frequencys going through it.

I've built my own sub enclosure in between the rear strut bar and the rear speakers with a false shelf above so that nothing is visible from the outside. Its the only place I could fit the 12" sub without losing the rear boot space. Mounted the amp on the torneu cover that I made myself as well. Got some black speaker cloth from Maplins to cover everything and match the rest of the interior.

I'll post a few pics once its completed.

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes :)