Smugness wiped off my face ! !

hensh65

Bought a Nismo spoiler in sunset to save myself paying for it being sprayed.

Spoiler came through a couple of weeks ago, sat it on the car for it to be an absolute perfect match. Couldn't be any more happy with my purchase.

Took it to the body shop I use to ask for a price on fitting, they advised they would use the screw holes and glue the rest of it. £25.... Bargin

Dropped the car in this morning and they said it will be ready for you finishing work,,, Perfect

Phone call this afternoon, apparently my OEM spoiler is not only bolted in but it has been glued as well and they said they will have to brake the spoiler to get it off and risk damaging the boot so advised I will now need a boot respray. Also need to respray the spoiler to get the right match thus absolute no point in paying that bit more to get it in Sunset.

£25 has turned into £200 and leaving my car for one day has turned into getting it Friday Night ! :scare:

Sorry for the rant but I had one eye on buying alloys this Friday ! ! not anymore

make sure u check the spoiler before giving it to the garage. I had to remove my oem spoiler to wrap the car, and I thought it was glued on.

Its secured by 2 bolts at left and right hand side, and im pretty sure theres 2 of those clips that always break, in the middle of the spoiler.

All around the spoiler is the double sided sticky tape which is normally used to hold badges on cars. If you use the fishing wire to try take the tape off, you will get caught on both bolts, and wont be able to get the sticky stuff removed from the rest of the spoiler.

The way I done it, was I got a Stanley knife (well... the scalpel thingy) and slowly had my mate lift up the spoiler so I could slowly slice through the sticky stuff.

Make sure u know its glued, and not just double sided the whole way. it is a bitch, and took me about 4hrs trying to get it off before I tried scalpal

That's why i bought the whole boot with spoiler on it,shame buddy guess was hit and miss with old spoiler coming off,my Scooby is the same and wont budge so thought sod it Il just leave it,as flexi b says at least match will be near on perfect now

Edited by jumping350

make sure u check the spoiler before giving it to the garage. I had to remove my oem spoiler to wrap the car, and I thought it was glued on.

Its secured by 2 bolts at left and right hand side, and im pretty sure theres 2 of those clips that always break, in the middle of the spoiler.

All around the spoiler is the double sided sticky tape which is normally used to hold badges on cars. If you use the fishing wire to try take the tape off, you will get caught on both bolts, and wont be able to get the sticky stuff removed from the rest of the spoiler.

The way I done it, was I got a Stanley knife (well... the scalpel thingy) and slowly had my mate lift up the spoiler so I could slowly slice through the sticky stuff.

Make sure u know its glued, and not just double sided the whole way. it is a bitch, and took me about 4hrs trying to get it off before I tried scalpal

The garage has done work for me before and I would put money on you being right but I am in no position to go up.

To be honest the boot lid had a mark it next to the window and I used this as an excuse to get the badge removed so it feels a bit better.

I will have 2 nissan burger badges if anyone wants them, no charge as if not they are going in the bin :lol:

Edited by hensh65

• 3 weeks later...

The garage has done work for me before and I would put money on you being right but I am in no position to go up.

To be honest the boot lid had a mark it next to the window and I used this as an excuse to get the badge removed so it feels a bit better.

I will have 2 nissan burger badges if anyone wants them, no charge as if not they are going in the bin :lol:

I'll take your badges? Mine are a little worse for wear :(