New member looking at getting my first zed

Jeff147

Ok, I have now put a deposit down on my first zed, she's seems to me to be a great machine!! Cheers Dalos. Can't wait for another long old trip up north to go pick her up. I'm sure I will have another 1500 questions as a new owner :)

I'm glad she's going to a good home, but it'll be a sad day for me when she goes.

At least I get the chance to have a bit of quality time with her this week before you pick her up. And no, I'm not a mechaphile before anyone asks! :lol:

Edited by Dalos

Welcome to the forums.. I'm in a smilar position to you in terms of looking for my zed. It's a buyers market so wait until you find the perfect one, don't rush into it.

As with all performance cars it's good to budget a certain percentage of the value of the car for maintenance costs. I generally keep around 10-12% of the value of the car in a maintenance pot just in case, and anything above that can be used to tweak, or do whatever you want with it.

Some parts are expensive, and if you're anything like me, you'll probably want to tweak your car and add a little bit of a personal touch!

As for mpg, you don't buy a zed for the economy! ;)

Good luck with finding your car!

Couldn't agree more with this. I spent my full budget on the car and in turn have been left skint for the last 2 months buying bits and bobs that needed doing. This isn't a cheap car to run/maintain.