No power to/from my OBD Port

Cozzi

I bought a fault scanner yesterday, to find that when I plug it in nothing at all happens.

It says to plug in whilst the ignition is off and it should flash up the brand name or something, then turn the ignition on to read codes.

nothing happens at all, does anyone know if theres an OBD fuse or something, or could if be another problem?

I have tried the reader on another car and this worked, and tried a second reader on mine which also didnt work.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried several recently gets power from the port but doesn't connect to torque or obd reader apps( despite saying jobd protocols supported) i'm guessing there's some witchcraft required.. Still to give the standalone wired reader and connector a bash, though not ordered yet.

OBDII Reader MX and the ELM 327 Bluetooth adapters so far don't work however work with UK cars, although again that could just be the protocol that's wrong.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I've tried several recently gets power from the port but doesn't connect to torque or obd reader apps( despite saying jobd protocols supported) i'm guessing there's some witchcraft required.. Still to give the standalone wired reader and connector a bash, though not ordered yet.

OBDII Reader MX and the ELM 327 Bluetooth adapters so far don't work however work with UK cars, although again that could just be the protocol that's wrong.

God dammit! Just got my OBDlink LX and it won't recognise the ECU. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? The torque app looks amazing and I was really looking forward to using it. ffs

Edited by fairladyzed

yeah they all say it , i bought 3 before i realised :lol: did you just want it for torque?? or to read codes? there are pretty cheap jobd readers that will read codes but thats it wont give you the fun stuff of torque

Exhibit A:

Says JOBD in title but read description no mention of it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIAGNOSI-AUTO-BLUETOOTH-CAN-BUS-OBDII-OBD2-EOBD-JOBD-Diagnostic-Tools-/321382312789?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4ad3e0eb55

Edited by jumping350

yeah im sure it would work fine on a UK zed , not sure how it works all i know is had zed for four years and never found bluetooth solution, someone in japan must make them by now? i have a ecu datascan its pretty much the only thing that will read jobd in torque for but expensive and discontinued now i think