Is my air conditioning belt missing?

skidder

Afternoon and thanks for any advice.

My air con hasn't been working of late (it blows hot air) and I decided to look under the bonnet today.

Now I'm guessing there should be two belts just behind the radiator?

One I guess is the fan for the engine which cut in when I started the engine(i'd drove around 15 miles)when I checked.This has about four pulleys and a belt.

Now there looks like another just below to the right with two pulleys and NO BELT.(i'm presuming this is the air con?)

I turned on the air con and the pulleys didn't turn.Obviously I guess a belt should be there and its snapped off?

I presume one of the pulleys should spin when the air con is turned on even without a belt?

I turned them by hand and they moved freely?

thanks again.

Chris

The question I'd be asking is has the missing belt failed and just fallen off or has it been taken off because of an air con compressor problem?

The air con stopped working about a month ago(i don't use the car often) and the air con had previously been working for 11 months.

Obviously I guess I order a new belt.

By the looks of things I need to get under the car and release the bolt underneath the pulley?

Put the new belt on and tighten the bolt with a tensioner.

Would it be best to get a professional to put the new belt on?

cheers

Edited by skidder

If I was you I would replace both belts as the chances are the other belt is close to snapping, go for good quality after market like gates belts rather than Nissan as they will prob rape you. Zmanalex on here sells them. I expect the belts with fitting will cost you around £60.

Edited by Pete87

DE Gates belt's for both AC/Alternator - £24.85 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43b0c92fdd

Bargain!

Damn!

Just paid more!

Sorry! I don't usually post eBay links if traders had already posted in the thread but was too late on this one!

Edit: Just noticed CS posted at the same time as me :oops:

Edited by 350Ad

DE Gates belt's for both AC/Alternator - £24.85 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43b0c92fdd

Bargain!

Damn!

Just paid more!

Sorry! I don't usually post eBay links if traders had already posted in the thread but was too late on this one!

Edit: Just noticed CS posted at the same time as me :oops:

Don't worry i'd already ordered it before CS had posted so no loss of sale there!

Ordered the Gates belts at another site.

• Like 1

The GT4 has the rev up engine and most of them have the top pulley deleted which means that if that is the case with your car, the standard belt wiil be to long and the tensioner will not take up the slack.

You are also best to replace both the pulley tensioner nuts.

If you have any issues just give me a shout as all parts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Alex. :)

The GT4 has the rev up engine and most of them have the top pulley deleted which means that if that is the case with your car, the standard belt wiil be to long and the tensioner will not take up the slack.

Alex. :)

How do I know if the top pulley is deleted as i've ordered the belts now?How many pulleys should there be on each model?

Anyone have any pics or advice?

cheers

Chris