10j wheels. Tyre options

Yellowgt4

As the title suggests I have 4 10jx18" wheels. I'm looking for tyres now. 😞 I've got the standard size gt4 alloys wrapped in michelins pilot super sports (which are awesome!). My problem is to keep the same rolling circumference I need 255/40 at the front and 275/40 on the rear. But there aren't any michelin a in these sizes! What's the next 'best' tyres for these sizes? Or can someone suggest a different staggered setup that won't trigger tcs?

Thanks

I have 10j on the front of mine and the steering feels fine, I went for a 35 profile on the front but I only used budgets. I have to say though, so far they are brilliant! Achilles atr sport if your interested.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers for the responses!

I can't get a 245 to fit! A 255/35 is a bit of a squeeze too. I don't like the stretched look as I prefer to stay safe! I do rag her about a bit!! Tyres are my only contact with the road so that's why I would like to keep with michelins. Maybe 255/35 fronts and 275/35 rears? Would that affect the traction control system do you think?

Cheers for the responses!

I can't get a 245 to fit! A 255/35 is a bit of a squeeze too. I don't like the stretched look as I prefer to stay safe! I do rag her about a bit!! Tyres are my only contact with the road so that's why I would like to keep with michelins. Maybe 255/35 fronts and 275/35 rears? Would that affect the traction control system do you think?

not at all mate. :teeth:

im also having this debate after looking at some 10j wheels. I think these will do:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?s_p=Vredestein-ULTRAC-SESSANTA-275_35-ZR18-99Y-XL-with-rim-protection-ridge-_FSL_&details=Ordern&typ=R-132862&cart_id=27574523.110.2310&ranzahl=4&Breite=275&Quer=35&Felge=18&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So&m_s=3&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

they have good reviews generally and arnt too bad on price. they also do a 295/ 30 if your after the ''meaty'' look. no 305 unfortunately.