That moment you bump into an amazing person

OV53

So............

On my way back to my hotel after an afternoon of moderate drinking, I regognise a guy walking up ahead of me. So I confront him in my usual northern way by asking him first if he works offshore and then upon him telling me that he's a bus mechanic, I then narrow it down to the last minute meet on the 10th at Danestone that I was randomly at last week. It turns out that he doesn't own a Jap car, but a modified Range Rover, and he was just there to see the cars.

Now as much as this sounds like a pretty normal story it most certainly isn't....as Kieran is a 17 year old lad with autism, and his car profile up til now would destroy most people's in their lifetimes.

In the hour and a half that I stood speaking to him, Kieran described modestly how he had dropped a v8 into an Astra VXR, owned an E92 M3 and was currently prepping his '78 5.0 Mustang (which his dad had left him in his will) for a trip down to Newcastle. Now normally I would call bullshizit on all of this but the way this lad unemotionally went about telling me just seemed to flick all of the right switches. Plus when a bus pulled up at the junction and he said, "that's my bus, it's just had a new engine." I said "what do you mean?" And he proceeded to inform me that he'd used 4000 shares to buy the bus and that every penny it earned was his.

I believe that there is only a handful of times in your life where you meet somebody like this in your life and to be fair, I will probably talk about Kieran for the rest of my life.

Edited by OV53 YPA
  • Like 1

What an inspirational lad.

“What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool?

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done.â€

― Temple Grandin

What an inspirational lad.

“What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool?

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done.â€

― Temple Grandin

Honestly, I was just stood there in awe of everything he was telling me! Obviously everything that I have said in my topic is just a fraction of what he told me because I am half cut, so I have pointed out the things that I found to be amazing.

I just spent the entire time with my mouth agape!

Well his dad was a millionnaire like. To be fair the kid was a genius, he knew exactly what he was talking about when it came to cars, way beyond my understanding!

I'm the biggest cynic in the world but you know when you can just tell when someone is completely genuine.

Well you could say that I guess. The conversation would suggest otherwise though. Like I said I was stood talking to him for a good hour and a half so there was plenty of time to talk about everything. Not everybody just learns to drive at 17, he had been driving cars from way before then.

Are you telling me that someone who spends 10 years driving terrible sensible cars and then goes out and buys a high performance car, they are going to be more prepared than someone who has only been around and owned high performance cars from a young age?

But I mean it could be possible that what you say is right.