When i sort my coilovers, what do I need to consider...?

benjy88

Hi all,

In a month or so, I'll be looking to get my coilovers. I'm aware that there'll be some problems with other components... I do a lot of drifting in my spare time, on one of my customers' runways.

Can you guys give me some tips and some advice as to what other bits I need to keep an eye on or change, when I get to fitting them?

B.

Thought as much... anything else? Was chatting to a friend of mine who races an S13 in time attack, and he mentioned a lot of technical gubbins about various components which will solve issues of bump steer...

I've got BC racing ones, they are as low as they can go on the rear and all I changed was the rear camber arms. For drifting you want some front camber anyway, so that when you're on full lock you have a decent contact patch with the floor. Before I changed the rear camber arms I had -3 degrees of camber which was waaaay too much.

Edit: Where's my invite to the airfield?? ;)

Edited by Dedman

Matt,

You're welcome to come along dude - I've been given permission to do whatever I need to...

But it's in Chichester area...? And I only do it on Sundays... :p

I've got BC racing ones, they are as low as they can go on the rear and all I changed was the rear camber arms. For drifting you want some front camber anyway, so that when you're on full lock you have a decent contact patch with the floor. Before I changed the rear camber arms I had -3 degrees of camber which was waaaay too much.

Matt,

You're welcome to come along dude - I've been given permission to do whatever I need to...

Il have to come and watch you I only live 10 miles away

Matt,

Il have to come and watch you I only live 10 miles away

Come join in :)